Grain Mill Bulk Buy - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenger

Reaction score
This is a coordinated group buy for a set of new Malt Muncher grain mills, regularly available via Keg King. I have a volume wholesale discount on this unit through my employer and need a new mill for home!

Regular price: $189

4 unit price - $110 (I need 3 other people to commit)

8 units price - $99 (I need 7 other people to commit)

As you can see there are good savings to be had. Here is the product description:

MaltMuncher Grain Mill
The MaltMuncher Grain Mill is constructed using
materials that will last a lifetime. Cold rolled steel
for the rollers, 6061 Aluminum body and hopper
and oil impregnated brass bushings.
FEATURES:
* Includes, hopper and crank handle
* Width and roller diameter is optimized for use
with power drill
* Adjustable rollers at both ends to give uniform
crush
* 12 TPI knurl to efficiently pull grain through
rollers while leaving hull intact to form an
excellent filter bed for sparging

You can scope out the product spec and a picture on the Keg King brochure here (Malt Muncher on page 13):

http://www.kegking.com.au/Downloads/Catalogue%20-%20Retail%20Price%20List.pdf

Please PM me if you're interested. For simplicity I prefer to keep the group buy to local Melbourne only.

Thanks!

Im in mate. I will stay tuned for more people to sign up. Happy to pay the 4 unit price. Happier to get a bigger discount. But even at that price I am happy. As I am sure many people will be.

if you would consider posting to sydney, i would be interested .

crtp said:
if you would consider posting to sydney, i would be interested .
I'd be interested too if you could post to Sydney.

if your sending to sydney I'd be up for one too

When are you looking at purchasing these? I am in Brisbane but my wife will be down in Melbourne next weekend.

Ok...update time.

Currently there are 7 people (including myself) that have shown interest and are Melbourne based. I'm sending PM's to confirm locations of a couple people that have responded with interest but don't have their location showing on their profile.

luki...I'm counting you in because it should be easy enough to have this all sorted and units purchased prior to your wife coming into town.

It seems reasonable that an 8th Melbourne based person will show interest in the next day or two so it should all be locked in soon and units will be purchased at the $99 price.

I'll go ahead and purchase the 8 units and then PM everyone (first in best dressed Melb based) for pickup and payment details.

Sydney folk, i apologize but it looks like this one is going to stay local. If for whatever reason someone drops out and I have spare units and cant get rid of them locally, I'll pm you guys for interest in having one or two shipped.

stevenger said:
Ok...update time.

Currently there are 7 people (including myself) that have shown interest and are Melbourne based. I'm sending PM's to confirm locations of a couple people that have responded with interest but don't have their location showing on their profile.

luki...I'm counting you in because it should be easy enough to have this all sorted and units purchased prior to your wife coming into town.

It seems reasonable that an 8th Melbourne based person will show interest in the next day or two so it should all be locked in soon and units will be purchased at the $99 price.

I'll go ahead and purchase the 8 units and then PM everyone (first in best dressed Melb based) for pickup and payment details.

Sydney folk, i apologize but it looks like this one is going to stay local. If for whatever reason someone drops out and I have spare units and cant get rid of them locally, I'll pm you guys for interest in having one or two shipped.
I will take the last one if it is still left

Thanks for hooking this up, I've replied to the PM's

Im keen for one aswell, I am in WA but have friends in Melbourne who I could get to forward it. Please let me know if there are any spare.

Hi

If there is any chance of Keg King amending the order, I'd be very keen to get one too. Have sent PM.

Great work

Cheer

im in melbourne and will put my hand up. Ive been eyeing these for a while. do you have to order in lots of 8 or is it 8+ = $99 each?

Cheers.

edit: bugger, ive just noticed that the order has been placed. If you decide to do it again out of the goodness of your heart, I'd be interested.

Ok...orders are officially cut off. I've had a couple requests for extra units (local users) to be added on which I will respond to via PM.

I apologize but based on the response I'm going to keep this one to direct pickups only, due to the number or people involved and the potential complications of doing it any other way.

Thanks everyone!

Back