Grain In West Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agraham

Reaction score
Apart from Grain and Grape is there anywhere else to get grain?

I find their prices for imported grain are quite steep..As i have read that some of you guys get bags of it for 55 dollars as opposed to 75 which they sell it for.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Well, there are any number of HBS in Melbourne...but how far do you want to drive to get there? I'm assuming however far you can get with the $20 of savings you'd pour into petrol?!?

All I can tell you is to call around. I'm not up to AG yet, but I can tell you fairly confidently that as you head East in Melbourne, you're only going to pay more. That's been my experience anyway.

Also, you're not going to get the friendly advice and help you likely got from G&G at every HBS, which I've gotten every time I've gone in there. (No I don't work there, but I do shop there from time to time.) Matter of fact, the bloke behind the counter of the last "Eastern Melb" HBS shop I went to pretty much just rammed my stuff in the bag and told me to bugger off.

Lastly, I'm not a moderator on this site by any means, but typically, if you're going to criticise a shop, you may want to just call it "W. Melb HBS". Praise, on the other hand, warrants their name in Neon lights... :D

Good luck in your grain quest...

Try
Greensborough Home Brewing
22 Louis St Greensborough 3088
(03) 9432 0283
Don't know if they are any cheaper

Normell

I can't recall if they are cheaper, but if you are a RRR subscriber you can get a whole 5% discount.

I am by no way dissing the guys at Grain and Grape. I think that they do a wonderful job!

I only raised the question after reading other posts in the forum about members getting their hands on bags of pilsner grain from weyermann for 55 bucks.

Thats all.

Thanks for the help.

Andy

Latest posts

Back