Grain In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangent

Reaction score
anyone know of reasonably priced grain in Adelaide?
I'm looking at a few 25gk bags to divide between mates, plus a few kilos of crystal

tangent said:
anyone know of reasonably priced grain in Adelaide?
I'm looking at a few 25gk bags to divide between mates, plus a few kilos of crystal
[post="74191"][/post]​

Hi Tangent (and anyone else),
Next week I will have a whole pile of grain.

Barrett Burston 25 kg bag
Pale/Galaxy/Ale $45.00

Weyermann
Pilsener $55.00
Vienna $55.00
Munich Light $60.00
Munich Dark $60.00
Caramunich I/II/III $65.00
Carafa I/II/II $70.00
Melanoidin $65.00

Bairds
Marris Otter $65.00
Lager $55.00

If interested just give me a call
0439499605 or 83033263
Buy $100kg and I will chuck in a few kilos of crystal for nothing

cheers
Darren

its times like this that i wished i was in adelaide.

Oh hahah, Panorama, sorry.
Yeah, I'm interested in a bag or two.

big d said:
its times like this that i wished i was in adelaide.
[post="74205"][/post]​

You and me both big d

Don't feel like a little delivery drive Darren?

Batz

tangent said:
Oh hahah, Panorama, sorry.
Yeah, I'm interested in a bag or two.
[post="74220"][/post]​

Where you at Tangent? Any idea of which malt you are looking to get?
I can still change my order based on what you want.
cheers
Darren

yeah mate, I'd have to draw up a few recipes but basically a bag of Marris Otter and 1 of Vienna with a few kg's of caramunich

whoa I'm like a kid in a candy store.

I'm just near Mile End, near the city.

Have you got a store or something?

Well I'm a VERY happy brewer.
I've got 25kg of Marris Otter and I'm very prepared to use it!
Plus Crystal!
This place is going to smell like mash heaven in a few days :)

I might even make some potpuri for the car....

Now if we can just convince Darren to grow more hops and culture yeasts.....
And maybe hand out pints of Pilsner, I'll never go home again.

How is the grain cheaper over there in Adelaide! Surely Melbourne is the centre of the universe!

agraham said:
How is the grain cheaper over there in Adelaide! Surely Melbourne is the centre of the universe!
[post="78166"][/post]​

Hi agraham,

There is the centre of the universe then there is Adealaide. And I have to tell you from where I stand at present Adelaide is the centre of the universe.

In Adelaide we hold the centre of the universe together with affordable grain. Weekly :)

Because we have a responsibility to stop Melbourne spinning off into the brewing abyss we have to brew twice as often -- as the custodians of brewingdom we brew 24/7.

Now you need to realise that today I was at 11,000 feet photographing a waterfall so I probably sound like a prat but I can now go and drink a cold Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or a Fat Tire or both. Just because you live in Melbourne and no longer have a football team or any good beer doesn't mean you need to feel inferior -- see that altitude sickness has hit me again.

I'll be back to normal soon so disregard all I've just said.

Get a buying group together and you will get a better grain price.

Steve

chiller said:
There is the centre of the universe then there is Adealaide. And I have to tell you from where I stand at present Adelaide is the centre of the universe.

[post="78183"][/post]​

Also explains why South Australians travel more. Hmmm... Can't think why? :unsure: :p

Warren -

I went to Adelaide once, saw the mall(20 mins) and then ran out of things to do.

No wonder there are soooo many churches, nothing to do but pray that something interesting will happen.

Adelaide also has no football teams left in the finals, so it must be even extra boring over there now!

Melbourne has the beer Home Brew Shop, and there name is Grain and Grape.

However, you can always take joy and drive up and down Hindley Street like everybody else. :lol:

Warren -

chiller said:
agraham said:
[post="78166"][/post]​

Hi agraham,

In Adelaide we hold the centre of the universe together with affordable grain. Weekly :)

Because we have a responsibility to stop Melbourne spinning off into the brewing abyss we have to brew twice as often -- as the custodians of brewingdom we brew 24/7.

Now you need to realise that today I was at 11,000 feet photographing a waterfall so I probably sound like a prat but I can now go and drink a cold Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or a Fat Tire or both. Just because you live in Melbourne and no longer have a football team or any good beer doesn't mean you need to feel inferior -- see that altitude sickness has hit me again.

I'll be back to normal soon so disregard all I've just said.

Get a buying group together and you will get a better grain price.

Steve
[post="78183"][/post]​

Chiller,

Ive been to the states a few times, and was impressed by Fat Tire, and yes it is very wallet friendly!

I was in Arizona and noticed a lot of places had on site microbreweries, and some damn nice beer there as well, all with mexican sounding names.

Cheers,

Andrew

BTW I hope you get back to normal soon.

warrenlw63 said:
However, you can always take joy and drive up and down Hindley Street like everybody else. :lol:

Warren -
[post="78233"][/post]​

Warren,

Are you aware of any recent melbourne bulk grain buys? I usually get mine from G and G.

Anyone else?

Cheers,

Andrew

Nup,

I don't bulk buy. Price is good enough from G&G for my given my useage. :beerbang:

Warren -

Back