Grain Grinder?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly IMO just buy your grain pre crushed in recipe lots.
Unless your going to spend real money on a real mill IMO you'll get better results with precrushed grains.
Chances are if your just starting out in BIAB that your not yet buying bulk grain any way.
Just my 2C

Where are you in Perth Dave? You may have a homebrewer close by with a mill willing to help? If you buy from Neil at Brewmart, he has a grinder onsite that you can use. It's annoying not having your own grinder, but I think you'd be disappointed with the job that chopper did.

+1 to all above,

Order your recipe weighed and crushed.

Once you get into it, get a mill and do your own.

If you are loyal to your LHBS, they'll probably crush for free...

You got a big ass blender that'll handle ice?

It'll do 500g in about 8 seconds. Turns it to flour though - so best be BIAB.

Do shops actually charge to mill grain?

Maybe we are spoilt here, grain at the cheapest prices around by the gram or bag :D

No affiliation, just a happy customer blah blah blah

Thanks for the responses.

Just starting out in BIAB and have been planning on buying crushed grain (Brewmart or Gryphon are the closet to me) but was just wondering how that machine compared to the one in Nick JD's guides. I'm a frugal Scotsman and thought I had maybe stumbled across something worthwhile.

Cheers

Thanks for the responses.

Just starting out in BIAB and have been planning on buying crushed grain (Brewmart or Gryphon are the closet to me) but was just wondering how that machine compared to the one in Nick JD's guides. I'm a frugal Scotsman and thought I had maybe stumbled across something worthwhile.

Cheers

Coffee grinders and big ass ice-capable blenders work. Basically, if it's capable of smashing rock hard shit - it'll work. If it's made for liquids or veges, not so good.

Latest posts

Back