Grain Bulk Buy Tassie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- Spork

2 x Maris Otter

2 - ianh

1 x Simpsons Maris Otter 1400

1 x Simpsons Golden Promise 1401

1 x Joe White Munich 1030

1kg x Styrian Goldings HSTY1

1kg x EK Goldings HEKG1

1kg x CZ Saaz HCZS1

1kg x Challenger HCHA1

3 - BrewRick

1 x Maris Otter

1 x Golden Promise

1kg x Fuggles

1kg x EK Goldings

4 - Kudzu

1 x Maris Otter 1400

1 x Best Malt Pilsner 1600

1 x Best Malt Vienna 1620

1 x Best Malt Wheat Pale 1690

1kg x US Cascade HCAS5

1kg x Warrior HWAR5

5 - DanteHicks

2 x JW Traditional Ale 1010

1kg x US Cascade HCAS5

1kg x Citra HCIT1

1kg x Mosaic HMOS1

1kg x Summit HSUM1

6 - Brad C

1 x JW Traditional Ale 1010

1 x Best Malt Vienna 1620

1 x Maris Otter

1 x Golden Promise

7 - LagerBomb (Jeepers, another bulk buy, so soon, but I have to buy something, I can't help myself)

1 x Best Malts Wheat (1690)

1 x Special Roast (UM5398)

1kg x Cascade (HACASP1)

1kg x Ella (HAELLP1)

1kg x Northern Brewer (HNTB1)

8 - oglennyboy

1 x JW Trad 1010

1 x JW Munich 1025

1 x JW Wheat 1090

I'm also happy to split some specialty as well.

9 - Paddy

1 x JW Munich (1025)

1 X JW Wheat (1090)

1 x Pale Crystal (1450) (Split with Taztiger and LagerBomb)

10 - Cheerschief

1 x Maris Otter

1 x Golden Promise

1kg Saaz HCZS1

1kg Nth Brewer HNTB1

1kg Cascade HCAS1

1kg Amarillo HAMA1

1kg EKG HEKG1

11 - Taztiger

1 x JW Trad 1010

1 x Maris Otter 1400

1 x JW Wheat 1090

1 x JW Munich 1025

1kg x Mosaic HMOS1 (will split if anyone is interested)

1kg x US Cascade HCAS5

12 - Hugh Jarse

1 x JW Traditional 1010

1 x Briess Pale Ale UM5301 1 x Simpsons Maris Otter 1400

1 x JW Best Malt Pilsner 1600

1kg Cascade

1kg Willamette

1kg Mt Hood

Interested in splits if any available. Just starting out partials and looking at moving to AG later and expanding my beer tastebuds........ only on basic ales atm.

13. Swizzle: 4 Bags of as yet unspecified content. Will confirm in due course.

Keen to split one or two of those - anyone up for thirds or halves in a Choc and/or crystal?
Total Bags: 38

Total Hops: 25kg

Sorry people, reposted and fixed an error with my Pilsner, slight brain fart on my behalf......

Just thought I would mention that this is the last bulk buy I will be running, after this I wont be frequenting this forum any longer. In my opinion it has been going downhill for a while now and has now become unbearable.
This used to be a place of fun and enjoyment for me, but no longer, I now spend a bit of time on probrewer.com which I find a bit more specific for me and more on topic.

I'm still happy to organise bulk buys off forum, most of you have either my email address or phone number, I'm even happy for someone else to organise and use my facilities if necessary.
Thankyou all for your support over the last few years, business has grown dramatically over the last few months to the point that we will be adding new tanks next year to meet demand.

Cheers,
Paul

Sad to hear about this, the last bulk you will be organising but can fully understand. Hopefully someone in Launceston will pick up the running.

Wish you all the best with the brewery and all the best to you and your family for the coming festive season.

Will no doubt catch up sometime.

cheers

Ian

Great news about the business growth mate, we will miss you on ahb though. Thanks for all the help over the years.

Have a good christmas,

Scott

Paul, thanks for all the work you have done organising the BB's over the last couple of years. Has saved us all some serious $!
Great to see your brewery going so well. I know you've worked long and hard to get to where you are now.
All the best to you and yours, have a great xmas.
Gard.

Yeah thanks heaps Paul you have been a tremendous help to us all. Great news about your business!

Have a great Xmas with your family mate and thanks for showing me around up their the other week.

Will keep in touch :)

Cheers
Brad

Firstly, Paul thank you for being the middle man for these group buys, they have saved us Tassie brewers a bucket of money and expanded our brewing network extensively.
Touch wood, someone is able to facilitate an ongoing bulk buy system in conjuction with Paul. (I would but being at the other end of the state makes it a bit tricky unless we just ship it to Hobart....?)

Now to the point of this post, Sodium Percarbonate & Sodium Metasilicate.
I want some, does anyone know a contact in Tas? If not is there any interest for a bulk buy from Melbourne using the same supplier the Vic guys have numerous times in the past?

PM me any interest and I'll get another thread started if enough interested people come aboard.

Hi All,

I have punched this in to a spreadsheet and come up with totals for everyone. This does not include shipping, we will need to speak to Paul about that. The below link is to a share with the file.

http://sdrv.ms/Kn2N2C

Can everyone please check their own part and make sure I have not made any mistakes? Anything in red was an assumption, either I didnt have the info or the code was wrong, can you please double check these parts?

Cheers,

Scott

DanteHicks said:
Hi All,

I have punched this in to a spreadsheet and come up with totals for everyone. This does not include shipping, we will need to speak to Paul about that. The below link is to a share with the file.

http://sdrv.ms/Kn2N2C

Can everyone please check their own part and make sure I have not made any mistakes? Anything in red was an assumption, either I didnt have the info or the code was wrong, can you please double check these parts?

Cheers,

Scott
Good work Scott. Slow day at work??. It might pay to add paddys hops as they were left out until it was confirmed that we could get another 25kg of hops, which has happened now. . 1kg of Galacxy and 1 kg of mosaic from his earlier post.
Cheers
LB

DanteHicks said:
Thanks DanteHicks for putting this together. All correct for me, just waiting on the shipping.

And also a big thank you to Paul for putting together the BB's. Even though this is my first, I can see it is appreciated by all. Much appreciated.

Cheers and Beers,

Hugh.

Thanks Scott.
Where do I send the $?
Take it pick up is still from Paul's?
I'm out of town until 13th and will have little, if any, internet access between the 7th and 13th.

Yes big thanks for this, I've only been HBing for 6 months & this is my first bulk buy.
I'm down in the Huon with a little ute and trundle up north pretty regularly, happy to co-ordinate with anyone else down south for the pickup.
Will you let us know the payment details & times?
cheers

I will update with freight and Owens hops tomorrow morning.

Hi All,

Please check the link in my previous post, I have added the freight ($7.59 per bag is $6.90 + gst.)

Owen I have also added the Galaxy and Mosaic to yours. The total is at the bottom for Paul for when he orders.

Paul, did you want to collect the money directly or did you want one of us to collect it and pass it along?

Cheers,

Scott

Do we need a link to xe.com so we can convert from pounds to dollars. :D :D :D

Thanks for the work you have done on this DH. I am not sure what stage we have reached in the ordering process but if Paul has not placed the order I will cancel my mosaic and split with Taztiger off the sheet. If it is too late then so be it.
Paddy

Oglennyboy I reckon we might be looking at thirds in a Crystal and LB I'm happy to go whatever fractions in a choc. I'm on hols and struggling with iPhone Internet only so haven't had a chance to peruse the lust yet. Err list. Plenty of time for that. Sorry where were we? Please advise if you guys have a varietal preference because I don't and happy to go with the flow. Otherwise I'll make an exec decision when I get to the order form.
Cheers

DanteHicks said:
Welcome to the forums oglennyboy. What part of Tas do you call home?
Just saw this post, sorry the Chrissy break was a bit harder & started a lot earlier this year, something to do with an unlimited supply of nectar I think :)
I'm down in the Huon Valley, a long way from where I started in Darwin. Ferment temp control is a breeze though!
cheers,
glenny

Latest posts

Back