Grain Bill For A Gernam Pils

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried a bottled Kolsch from Germany on the weekend, waaaaaay more malty than just about any pils I have tried before.

I'm on the carapills bandwagon...... (mabe time for a poll here - sorry about the post hijack)

I add carapills not for 'a head' so to speak..., more for head retention.
I haven't noticed it adding any extra body or sweetness from the 5% additions I use, but I have noticed a drop in head performance in beers I don't use it in.....

agraham - Munich lager is a cracker of a yeast.... Just don't be in a hurry to rack off the primary yeast cake... do a diacetyl rest or allow a week or so in secondary/keg at room temps before cold conditioning and you'll be fine... B)

Asher for now

One thing I'll say for CaraPils is I like the lacework it leaves on the glass.

Pils with a rather sticky head. :blink:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
One thing I'll say for CaraPils is I like the lacework it leaves on the glass.

Pils with a rather sticky head. :blink:

Warren -
[post="75561"][/post]​

I aggree. I always use the carapils for this reaon, even with a pint I have this all the way to the last drop...

:beer:

I am excited as to put this puppy down.....Pitty i have to wait for my okctoberfest bier to slow down so that i can rack it to my secondary...I have no spare fermentors!

BTW. My ocktoberfest was 1/3 pils 1/3 vienna 1/3 munich, tetnang hops and 2308 munich lager yeast. I has a huge ass yeast cake on to of it, the likes of which i have never seen....
AND MAN IT SMELLS FANTASTIC!

wohoo!

Back