Grafton Brewing Competition 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ribbons + cards will be mailed out shortly. Score sheets will be emailed to those that entered. Will keep all posted here as to status of these.

So pissed I forgot about this, 2.5 weeks on holidays and working on the farm flat out, I never knew what time or day it was until too late.

Stoked to see so many entries and stories of great brews.

B Metcalfe said:
Hey Matt,

how are the scores sheets coming ??
Hopefully everyone will have received their scoresheets by email by the weekend. When this has been completed, will put a note here so that if anyone has not received their sheets for whatever reason, this can be rectified.

Then will get ribbons posted out to those that received these in the comp.

Section Comp Sheet.PNG

Just got my feedback
I agree personally with all the feedback
My cream ale was overly corny (it had corn in it), I can see how that could be percieved as DMS, will be backing off on the corn next time and possibly be using a Pils malt instead
The batch of JW Ale malt I have is throwing pretty DMS-ey and Diacetyl flavours as well (isn't happening with the Euro malts I have), no matter what I do to avoid these, that'll be the last bag of JW base malt I buy
My hibiscus saison had the same sort of comments I got from the Newcastle show, yeast didn't shine through (won't be using Belle Saison again) and needed higher carbonation
To the judge who noted that it looked like it had a fruit addition for the colour, the colour came from the hibiscus tea
Might try and knock out another batch of the saison ready for comps in July, I wouldn't be able to have it ready for comps in June

Thanks for all your hard work Matt, you are a bloody legend!
I'll really try to make it up next year, I wouldn't mind riding up and camping at the show grounds

There have been a few bounce backs with emails. Please PM me if yours have not come through as yet.

If anyone still has not received their scoresheets, please PM or email (even if you have already done so in the last 24 hours).

GABBA110360 said:
thanks Matt I got the lot of them cheers
There were some that were bouncing, some with invalid email addresses, and others that did not get through, but all have now been sorted (I think). A couple did not supply email address.

Back