Grafton Brewing Competition 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is the thread for the 2016 Grafton Brewing Competition.

Thanks to all those that have entered the previous years comps.

The program can be downloaded from:
http://www.graftonshow.com/pdf/Grafton-Brewing-Competition-Schedule.pdfhttp://www.graftonshow.com/pdf/Grafton-Brewing-Competition-Schedule.pdf

The entry form can be downloaded from:
http://www.graftonshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Pavilion-Entry-Brewing.pdfhttp://www.graftonshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Pavilion-Entry-Brewing.pdf

This year the comp is BJCP sanctioned, and the latest (2015) Australian Amateur Brewing Championship Style Guidelines will be used for the classes where style is specified (classes 1.1 - 18.7).

The old style classes remain, so as not to leave anyone out (classes 0.1 - 0.9). Non BJCP.

There are also some non beer classes as you will see in the programme.

The comp is looking for BJCP certified judges, as well as those who are on the BJCP path, that could be paired up. Judges last year had an enjoyable time - great fellowship, and the chance to discuss everything beer for hours uninterrupted.

Also finalising some home brew shops to forward entries. Brisbane & Newcastle areas are 'go' so far.

This is probably the most economical BJCP sanctioned competition in the world at only $2 per entry!!

More information to follow shortly.

www.facebook.com/homebrewcomphttp://www.facebook.com/homebrewcomp
www.graftonbrewingcompetition.comhttp://www.graftonbrewingcompetition.com/ (link will be active shortly)
[email protected]

Grafton Brewing Competition Logo.png

Brewmasters Grafton.png

And you can stay in a lovely old sandstone pub in the middle of town for $45 a night with ample (several) Coopers on tap as well as hobnobbing with notable locals such as Ducatiboy Stu, Matt and Shaunous to mention but four.

Great weekend guaranteed.

Interstate (mailed) entries welcome? There is a distinct lack of WA comps at this time of year =)

goatus said:
Interstate (mailed) entries welcome? There is a distinct lack of WA comps at this time of year =)
Yes, in previous years have received entries from all over.

goatus said:
We also accept hand delivered entries, even from WA :D

Now i regret not labeling these bottles...... I can't remember which is which and there are 5 or 6 different brews there! Maybe I'll just enter some random ones into the old "pale" category and hope for the best!

Special thanks to Coopers DIY Beer for their support of the 2016 Grafton Brewing Competition. Visit www.diybeer.com to find out more.

Many of the entries submitted to the competition include Coopers DIY Beer ingredients.

----

For those unable to personally drop their entries into Grafton, the following drop off points may assist:

BRISBANE AREA – All Brewers Choice Stores.

Brewers Choice Wacol. Unit 1, 1236 Boundary Rd, Wacol, QLD 4076 Phone 07 3271 1373

Brewers Choice Ipswich. 246 Warwick Rd, Churchill, QLD 4305 Phone 07 3281 0205

Brewers Choice Browns Plains. Cnr Browns Plains and Beaudesert Rds Browns Plains, QLD 4118 Phone 07 3800 9633

Brewers Choice Stafford 12 Webster Road, Stafford, QLD 4053 Phone 07 3356 0527

CANBERRA AREA

Belco Brew Supplies. 22 Joyner Crescent, Flynn ACT 2615. Phone 0432044908

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Brewmart Brewing Supplies. 32 Railway Parade, Bayswater, WA 6053. Phone 08 9370 2484.

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

Country Brewer (Clovelly Park). 8 / 1240 - 1242 South Rd, Clovelly Park, SA. 5042. Phone 0881771110

NEWCASTLE AREA

Country Brewer (Maitland). 1/128 Melbourne St, East Maitland 2323. Phone 024933 0058

MELBOURNE AREA

Australian Home Brewing (Richmond). 143 Church St, Richmond 3121. Phone 0394292066

Australian Home Brewing (Oakleigh). 24 Eskay Rd, South Oakleigh 3167. Phone 03 9575 3904

Entries being dropped to the above points needs to be received before close of business 31st March 2016.

DIY Beer Coopers Logo.png

Can also download the programme from www.graftonbrewingcompetition.com

Country Brewer Toormina not taking entries this year?
It's looking like I won't make it up, I've got a niece's 18th to go to down at Oberon the same weekend, sorry chaps
I will be dropping a couple of entries over at Country Brewer Maitland however, so I'll be there in spirit :)

sp0rk said:
Country Brewer Toormina not taking entries this year?
It's looking like I won't make it up, I've got a niece's 18th to go to down at Oberon the same weekend, sorry chaps
I will be dropping a couple of entries over at Country Brewer Maitland however, so I'll be there in spirit :)
Look forward to receiving your entries Sp0rk.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Just because you hand handle Lincolns mutton chops :lol:
It's true, my pathetic attempt at facial hair confirmed that I'm incredibly jealous of his ultra manly chops :(

Stone & Wood are once again a supporter of the Grafton Brewing Competition. Their beers are familiar to all and require little introduction. Pacific Ale, Green Coast Lager, Jasper Ale, and limited releases such as Stone Beer......

.... And as we have seen at previous judging events, their brewers are passionate about beer.

30 Days until entries close!

Stone & Wood.png

Brew Matt said:
.... And as we have seen at previous judging events, their brewers are passionate about beer.

30 Days until entries close!
They are indeed good judges. ( have a funny feeling they might be back this year as well )

If we get the same quality of judges as last year, I will need to take a few days off ....The after party was ...um.....well.....

I've just had a bit of a look through the comp details but can't find an address for posted entries?

I'm most probably missing something that's ridiculously obvious but thought I'd ask nonetheless.

Hand Delivered

Main Pavillion ( the big barn )
The Showground, Prince St, Grafton, NSW, 2460

Postal
Clarence Pastoral & Agricultural Society LTD
Home Brew Entires
PO Box 61, Grafton, NSW, 2460

You can find it on Page 5 of the program under " General Conditions for Home Brewing Exhibitors"

I almost put my P.O. Box there accidentally :ph34r:

sponge said:
I've just had a bit of a look through the comp details but can't find an address for posted entries?

I'm most probably missing something that's ridiculously obvious but thought I'd ask nonetheless.
Hi Sponge,

The address for the Grafton Show Ground Office is 149 Prince Street, Grafton NSW 2460.

However, the office is not open every day.

Therefore, the best option is to contact the chief steward beforehand, to help reduce the chance of forwarded entries going missing.

It also makes a difference as to whether this is being dropped off in person, via courier, or via Australia Post.

You are welcome to email [email protected] or phone the number in the programme.

Entries can be submitted any time from now, with entries closing on the 1st April 2016. (Or if dropping into one of the previously mentioned drop off points in Brisbane, Canberra, WA, South Australia, Newcastle, or Melbourne, cut off is COB 31/3/2016).

Happy brewing!

Lurrrvely. I had a read through the program but missed that paragraph.

Might have to pull my finger out and get some entries bottled..

EDIT: I just had a lightbulb moment.. I'm heading down to Canberra for the beer and cider festival next weekend so can drop my entries in to Belco whilst down there.

Now I know how Thomas Edison must have felt..

Back