Got a mate in the UK.. What to look for in a hand pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo2234

Reaction score
As per the title I have a mate in London who can bring Home a hand pump for me I may. Any tips on what to look for?

Thanks

Have a look on eBay for a reco pump 1/2 or 1/4 pint pull also you will need a check valve, they are heavy so I would hope he is a good mate. Some on here have used shipping through eBay which is (I believe) about $50 so I would consider that rather than putting your mate through bringing it over with him.

Got mine shipped for $50. Was here in two weeks. Chuffed with that.

welly2 said:
Unless you can get a freebie from a pub or somewhere, I'd get one from these guys:

http://www.angramltd.com/shop/products/
This is a good suggestion. Another crowd that does this is Colin Farrar Brewery Services, http://cfbsonline.co.uk/ mine was rebuilt by them before it was sold to me (not directly, but not many miles on the clock after the rebuild as far as I can tell).

Also see if you can get old mate to get you a cask breather dealie, because unless you can sink a whole firkin in a night (or more likely corney keg with a modified lid) your beer will go stale in a few days.

If you get an extra drip tray I'll pay cash :)

Grainer said:
More like $75-90 shipping
Yep. Plus more if they're a lazy pommy **** and don't take the handle off!

Still worked out cheaper to buy mine from the UK than to buy a local one. Also have your mate hook it up to a hose (1/2") and pull some water through it until it's running clear. A hand pump half full of beer when it's literally sent across the planet ******* STINKS when it gets to the destination (ask me how I know!)

Also get a sparkler, because if you don't you're a nancy.

And so in the sixteenth year of the new millennium the Ale Wars began...

Back