Got A Couple Of Imported Beers Today

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
Hi Folks, got a few imported beers today and not real sure how to serve them. I got Hoegaarden wit, grand cru, forbidden fruit and a La Trappe Quadruppel, I know that you drink the wit cloudy, but how about the other three?

cheers

Browndog

Chill, pour into glass, drink and close eyes, enjoy........

+1 for drinking them
serve them cold but not too low or you will lose the suttleness

Stop reading AHB and drink them. :p .... maybe I should take my own advice and keep doing my uni work!!

If you have one, i'd recommend serving the stronger guys in a wide-mouthed glass of some description. Gives you a chance to take in the aroma.

You might also want to leave them out of the fridge before cracking them open, especially the La Trappe. Alot of the flavour gets muted when its chilled at normal fridge temps. From memory, it may even have a suggested serving temp on the bottles for some of those beers.
Treat them with care and you'll at least get your moneys worth.

+1 for Muggas

The stronger ones serve in wide mouth glass - even a brandy baloon is good - at cellar temp - approx 14C.

Hoegarden with can be colder at approx 8c.

Enjoy...

Cheers Guys, are any of them meant to be cloudy besides the wit?

thanks

Browndog

Ive seen the Quad at a couple of bottlos so it may be worth grabbing another bottle for drinking now and cellar yours for a year ...or 2 ;)

I have a Forbidden Fruit glass.
Best to use the right glassware.
Bring them round to my house... ;)

That aside, if you don't have a belgian glass the glassware mentioned above would do nicely.
Come to think of it I have them too :)

Definitely serve them chilled but not cold.

Some of them might have some cloudiness depending on storage etc. but none should be quite as cloudy as the wit from memory.

Hoegaarden GC not cloudy as such, but chunky yeast in the bottle may make it look a little Coopers-like!

Back