Goomeri Pumpkin Festival, Pumpkin Beer Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Reaction score
Ok Brewers here's a challenge, can we Aussie brewers make great pumpkin beer. Seems we've mastered making American Pale Ales and other American Styles, how do you think we'll go with this one. The traditional Thanksgiving Pumpkin Beer, a spiced, vegetable beer.

The Annual Goomeri Pumpkin Festival this year includes a Homebrewed Pumpkin Beer Competition, entry forms are available from the website: http://www.goomeripumpkinfestival.com.au/

Send your entries in and lets see who can nail this style. If you live close, take the drive and visit the festival, it's a great family day out.

Pumpkin_Festival.png

Goomeri (pron. Goo merry) is a small village 2.5 hrs drive North of Brisbane. The Annual Pumpkin Festival is a great fun-filled family day out. Head to Goomeri on Sunday 29th May 2011 and join in the fun. Entry to the festival is free and there is plenty of entertainment to suit all ages. Join the thousands of people who come along to enjoy the free entertainment, either on the main stage or roving in the streets. Win yourself some great prizes by entering into the many pumpkin competitions on the day. Most of these competitions have free entry. Become a pumpkin roller and have a go at the Great Australian Pumpkin Roll™. Send your pumpkin hurtling down Policeman's Hill to see how far it can go. Wander the streets and look at the many street stalls at your leisure, sit down in the local cafes and hotel and enjoy a meal or relax in the park with your family and friends to enjoy a picnic style lunch. A great variety of foods is available to suit all tastes and budgets. Sign the Festival Visitors' Book outside the Food Hall and be in the draw to win a fabulous prize.

Good Luck Brewers!!!

Screwy

I wont be at the festival as im a bit far, but i've been doing a bit of a look into pumpkin beers and i might make one soon for winter.

I wont be at the festival as im a bit far, but i've been doing a bit of a look into pumpkin beers and i might make one soon for winter.

Have a go mate, send an entry in, should be a wide open field, not as though brewers have made lots of them for practice.

Good Luck and Brew Well,

Screwy

G'Day Screwy,

If I send a self-addressed envelope with my entry could I get feedback on my brew?

Still want to give this a go, just got to "get all my poo into one sock" as they say.

Plenty of pumpkin growing in the garden...

Plenty of malt in the house...

How hard can it be?

:unsure:

G'Day Screwy,

If I send a self-addressed envelope with my entry could I get feedback on my brew?

Shane,

Will talk with the committee. I would hope all entries will receive feedback, most likely via email for convenience so please include your addy.

Cheers,

Screwy

Still want to give this a go, just got to "get all my poo into one sock" as they say.

Plenty of pumpkin growing in the garden...

Plenty of malt in the house...

How hard can it be?

:unsure:

Sheddy,

As soon as the planets align I'll be brewing again, we should talk.

Screwy

Brew mine tomorrow, pumpkin puree cooked tonight now in the frige

HD

I'm not sure if frige-ing is what they had in mind - but its you're beer :ph34r:

Here is what I went with:

Rae's Punkin Patch - Pumpkin Ale
Style: Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer

Batch Size: 23.00 L
Boil Size: 32.82 L
Estimated OG: 1.051 SG
Estimated Color: 12.6 SRM
Estimated IBU: 22.7 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 72.00 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

2.00 kg Pumpkin Flesh (Roasted)
4.25 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter