Goomeri Pumpkin Festival, Annual Pumpkin Beer Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Reaction score
Goomeri Pumpkin Festival, Pumpkin Beer Competition, 27th May 2012

Ok Brewers here's the chance again to claim a prize for making a great pumpkin beer. If the quality of last years entries is an indication then we Aussies have mastered making this very American style.

The Annual Goomeri Pumpkin Festival includes a Homebrewed Pumpkin Beer Competition, entry forms are available from the website: http://www.goomeripumpkinfestival.com.au/

Send your entries in, try to have them arrive 5 days prior as the committee see to it that entries are well looked after. They are placed in a coldroom with a warning sign "Homebrew Entries - Do Not Disturb" :)

If you live close enough take the drive and visit the festival, or bring the family and camp right in town at the campground. It's a great family day out.

Goomeri (pron. Goo merry) is a small village 2.5 hrs drive North of Brisbane. The Annual Pumpkin Festival is a great fun-filled family day out. Entry to the festival is free and there is plenty of entertainment to suit all ages.

SUNDAY 27TH MAY 2012

A GREAT DAY FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY

Programme begins at 6.00am with BBQ breakfast available.

An event filled day of entertainment, fun and frivolity will again be offered at the annual Goomeri Pumpkin Festival. Join the thousands of people who flock to the small town of Goomeri on the last Sunday in May to participate in or watch pumpkins, rolling, jumping, dawdling and bouncing down Policeman's Hill. Try your luck at Pumpkin Bowls; show your style in the Pumpkin Power Shot Put Competition; decorate a pumpkin or create a costume and enter the Pumpkin Pageant.

A taste of 2012...
Great prize money for the Great Australian Pumpkin Roll
NEW The Gleneden Bullock Team
Register on line for the Great Australian Pumpkin Roll and the Dinner Dance
Pumpkin Power Shot Put
NEW Roving entertainment
Great prizes for all competitions
NEW Pumpkin Competitions
Cooking Demonstrations
Home Brewed Pumpkin Beer Competition with extras!
Greater variety of pumpkin foods will be available
Old Macdonalds Travelling Farm Animal Nursery - a treat for young and old
MUSIC ON THE MAIN STAGE
Lots of Roving entertainment
'Pumpkin Mash Cash' Raffle $1000 first prize
Great souvenirs - look for our special edition swivelling pumpkin key ring totally Australian designed and Australian made

Come along and enjoy the festivities.

See you there!
Good Luck Brewers!!!

Screwy

pretty sure I saw this shown on 7two on the weekend... some QLD weekender show.
walked past the telly and saw a homebrew comp, and some guy wearing a "simple really" ahb tshirt.
awesome!

Is there a pumpkin ale comp in this years pumpkin festival? i have brewed one that i think is a cracker. I had a look on there website but was unabe to find anything

BenKen25 said:
Is there a pumpkin ale comp in this years pumpkin festival? i have brewed one that i think is a cracker. I had a look on there website but was unabe to find anything

Not this year Ben, lack of entries unfortunately. Pity as it's a great style made properly, had some fantastic examples even a Pumpkin Pils which was great.

Cheers,

Screwy

That's a shame I made my first one recently and am loving it. Won't be the last one either. Maybe next year

Back