Quantcast

Google Search Re-added

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
I've just enabled a Google Search option for the site.

Select google in the search dropdown to bypass the built in search.

It's available to everyone.

Bada Bing Brewery

Reaction score
Dane - dunno if possible or feasible but could we determine our default search option? I only ever really use the google search - can that be set to default (for me anyway)??? Nit picky I know ........
Cheers
BBB

dane

Reaction score
Yeah I wanted this as well BBB. I can set it to default, but it's default for everyone, there isn't a setting which you can add yourself to just default it for you.

Might look into it, but I'll just hold off defaulting it for everyone for the moment.

tiprya

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks Dane.

Looking forward to being able to set it as default - I agree it shouldn't be the deafult unless people opt-in.

Liam_snorkel

كافر
Reaction score
the default forum search is pretty good IMO. Much easier to use than the previous site and you can narrow your results down quite a bit - unlike teh google.

jayahhdee

Reaction score
Glad to have Google search back, I agree with some of the others that the new sites search is better than the previous, when I am looking for a specific thread and the forum search doesn't give me what I want, Google comes up with the goods.

dane

Reaction score
Liam_snorkel said:
the default forum search is pretty good IMO. Much easier to use than the previous site and you can narrow your results down quite a bit - unlike teh google.
Yes the default search, especially paired with the Advanced Search, is pretty good.

I'm not going to switch the default to Google, I'll develop a set of AHB global options that you can access via your profile settings and override things like this. Will be useful when I introduce different viewing options like a persistant recent posts panel.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Huzzah!!! only took me a few minutes to work out... had to get over my dumb-arsery first :D

Thanks Dane

mikec

Reaction score
If the new forum search is better than excellent!

While the Google was good, I found the results frustrating, in that they were not in any chronological order. (when i generally want the newest matches first)

dane

Reaction score
Made some changes to the way the google results are displayed, they new open up in a new page rather then using a popup.

Truman42

Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else find the new pop up search results window a pain to navigate on an IPhone?

You have to be right inside the window to zoom it out properly then try to scroll the background page down to hit the X to close it off.

Not complaint just and observation and appreciate all the great work you've done on the forum upgrade Dane

warra48

I've drunk all my homebrew and I'm still worried.
Reaction score
dane said:
I've just enabled a Google Search option for the site.

Select google in the search dropdown to bypass the built in search.

It's available to everyone.
Where, oh where, is the "search dropdown"? Can't for the life of me find it or get anything to "drop down".

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
warra48 said:
Where, oh where, is the "search dropdown"? Can't for the life of me find it or get anything to "drop down".
p the top right where the search box is you will see a little orange tab that says "this Forum" click it, it's a drop down box

Big E

Reaction score
Andrew QLD thanks for the reply to Warra48. Good to see that i am not the only dumb ass that had this problem lol. :D

Latest posts