Google evil and Chrome shyte

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
My Firefox was playing up somewhat due to malaware, upgraded my Security program and it fixed it. However I was using Chrome for a while and stuck to it.
However I'm getting annoying hang-ups in Chrome that seem to be related to Chrome invariably contacting click through sites before going to the site I'm after:

For example just loading the plain old Google page in IE I get "https://www.google.com. au" as one would expect. However in Chrome I get "https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=cr&ei=5Ww-UpayIcm-kQXa8IGgCw" and I guess the query string after the ? is either getting info about me or passing it onto someone else. Bum would be able to explain it, my programming is about as good as my school French nowadays.

Then at least four times a day when bringing up Google I get, in the Status bar stuff like Waiting for uclickweseeyou.com , or adyeildmanager or shit like that. Then after hanging for a while I get "oops, unable to connect to google.com.au".

Chrome can't find Google????? Give me a fecking break.

Bribie G said:
Then at least four times a day when bringing up Google I get, in the Status bar stuff like Waiting for uclickweseeyou.com , or adyeildmanager or shit like that. Then after hanging for a while I get "oops, unable to connect to google.com.au".

Chrome can't find Google????? Give me a fecking break.
That's not Chrome. That's adware. There will be a chrome addon installed somewhere or some other piece of add/malware on the PC. Adyieldmanager is a known piece of addware. You can google (oh the irony) the removal instructions. Uclick is an online game site that is also known for adware...

But yes, google is evil.

Cheers
Dave

My Google Chrome does the same sometimes AHB pages take an age to load 'waiting for googleish'. I was a user of Firefox but they did something to it that made the writing all blurry. Adaware is handy addon though.

Microsoft have brought out a new version of IE 11 which you can download which supposedly fixes most of the previous bugs and is quite fast. I have got it but not used it much.

Just had a quick look and you can get Adblock Plus as an extension for Chrome which stops most of the banner ads within pages.

The bottleneck will be in your internet connection or in the internet somewhere. For all practical purposes, browser speed is irrelevant. Rendering a box a new miliseconds faster doesn't help if you have an overloaded router somewhere in the path.

Cheers
Dave

Latest posts

Back