Good Things Come To Those Who Wait

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax

Reaction score
How happy am I.

I just got a call from a mate who has picked me up a working chest freezer which his mate was going to throw out :) . I've been trying to get a cheap one for about 12 months now. Happy Days.

Im trying to throw one away!!!!

If only you were in Melb Linz...

Linz said:
Im trying to throw one away!!!!
Linz,

If it was bigger I would take it for sure.
Although how many fermenters do you think you could sqeeze in there ? Maybe an upgrade from my lager fridge.

Beers,
Doc

Another mate has just dropped around a twin tap flooded cobra font :D . Looks almost brand new and it didn't cost a cent. Don't know where he got it and I don't want to. This has been the best week ever. I hope this trend continues for the rest of 2005.

Doc, I've been looking at your conversion in the gallery again and I think I might steal you design. Did you run into any unforseen problems making that beast?

Linz,

If you still have that chest freezer I'd be keen to take it off your hands.

Not sure how you'd feel about that, me being a Parra fan & all..... :unsure:

Jez

....sorry. Didn't read Doc's post properly.

sounds like he was first in?

Jez

Wax said:
Doc, I've been looking at your conversion in the gallery again and I think I might steal you design. Did you run into any unforseen problems making that beast?
No, I didn't run into any unforseen probs.
I was able to reuse the hinges that came on the freezer. Depending on your hinges you may or may not be able to do this too.
I put a simple handle on the lid of the freezer to be able to open it after the wooden collar was attached. The overhanging part on the lid that you put your fingers into to lift up came off easily as it was only a couple of pot rivets. Yours may vary there too.

Beers,
Doc

Doc/Linz,

Is Linz's chest freezer to join your army of whitegoods?

Last I heard you (Doc) had about 8 fridges & freezers?

Good luck to you (Doc) and your collection ;)

Jez

Geez, sorry for the tone of my last post Doc re: your "army of whitegoods".

I should keep my fingers away from the keyboard after too many sherberts :wacko:

Jez

Back