Good restaurants with good beer lists -Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're wandering a bit too close to the obviously beer focussed venues. Remember....we're being sneaky here !

Think more venues which don't necessarily have a big beer reputation, or a huge selection perhaps, but offer some unexpected gems for us non-wine drinkers when we take the Mrs out for a nice meal.

Cheers, Dan

I stayed in Redhill a while back, Mitch. Just did the breweries though. Nice area...like a mini Yarra Valley.

Danwood said:
We're wandering a bit too close to the obviously beer focussed venues. Remember....we're being sneaky here !

Think more venues which don't necessarily have a big beer reputation, or a huge selection perhaps, but offer some unexpected gems for us non-wine drinkers when we take the Mrs out for a nice meal.

Cheers, Dan
Long table will definatley be on the list then. You should check out the wine list and the food is fantastic.

Danwood said:
I stayed in Redhill a while back, Mitch. Just did the breweries though. Nice area...like a mini Yarra Valley.
I grew up in Mornington before there was the brewery and I can remember when Red hill amber was only available on tap at the bar I worked at and a select few bottle shops.

The Mallow, Ballarat is a must if you take the missus on a weekend away. Quality

Can't believe I didn't mention the royal George hotel in Kyneton, I dragged my girlfriend up there for an afternoon to see what was on one or six of the 17 taps.

We ended up staying for dinner and I'm glad we did, the food was great, it used to be a full time restaurant before it became a craft beer pub. The chef stayed on when they made the change.

MRS Parma

Good beer list from Vic craft breweries only.

They also do the best PArma I have had. A selection of about 10 different styles.

I was told about this place when I go tto the airport and thought to myself. Nargh, dont like parmas enough to go to a parma resuarant, sounds like average pub food.

We couldnt decide on a place for tea and thought s tuff it will give it a go. We werre happy with the food and the beer list.

"station hotel" footscray.4 craft beers on tap(moo,2 brothers,4pines,mountain goat)and they rotate,plenty of bottle range.Meals very good.

Back