Good News, Bad News...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr1me

Reaction score
The Good News:
well i grabbed the fridge from my mothers house, which will eventually become my brew fridge... a lovely 1960's General Motors Fridgidair, looks a treat, is relatively clean, and the door lock still works on it.

The Bad News:
The seals are buggered, needs some(about the size of a 50 cent piece) rust removed, desperately needs a new paintjob(im thinking cherry red enamel flake with a coat of clear, last job on it was done with a paintbrush <_< ) and needs a regas and/or compressor replacement. Electrics seem fine and its getting power, but i think it may be overheating and cutting out as a result.

So my question is, where in adelaide is a good place to get a fridge serviced? I dont want to hear about hows its cheaper if i buy a new(or reconditioned) fridge, this things a classic, and they just dont make em like this no more. It will get the TLC that it deserves :D .

I need someone who is trustworthy and competant for this job, has anyone dealt with a good tradesman in adelaide for repairing fridges? The paintjob I can do myself atleast.

Sorry Pr1me

I used to know a couple of good refridgerator mechanics a couple of years ago from Terowie but unfortunately the person died and his son has retired i think...

as i sad sorry cant help ya

cheers
ozdevil

damn, I really need a pro on this one. nothing worse then taking it to some backyarder who will just screw it up.

Latest posts

Back