Good Beer Festival - Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby

Bobby Dazzler Brewery
Reaction score
http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/WhatsOn...sp?EventID=8898

The Australian Beer Festival
1 October 2005 2 October 2005 10:00 PM (Doors Open 11:00 AM)
Australia's ultimate beer festival is set for Sydney - The Australian Beer Festival will be hosted at The Australian Hotel in The Rocks over the long weekend of October 1&2, 2005.

The Australian Hotel, at the heart of The Rocks and in the shadow of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, is world renowned for its patriotic support of Australian beers with more than 90 different beers from the micro to the massive available at the heritage listed pub. The Australian Beer Festival will give beer lovers the chance to taste all of these great brews and more during a weekend celebration of all that makes Aussie beer great.

The participants list reads like a who's who of the Australian craft and micro beer industry. Matilda Bay, Blue Tongue, Little Creatures, Grand Ridge, Coopers, Scharers, Potters (Hunter Valley Brewing Company), Hopping Mad, Brewtopia, Australian Boutique Beverages (ABB), Malt Shovel and Jamiesons have all confirmed their involvement.

The festival will provide a unique opportunity for beer lovers to meet the brewers and seminars will be held over the weekend to educate those with a keen thirst for beer knowledge. More than 3000 people are expected to attend the festival over the two days and the Australian Hotel will be cooking their famous gourmet pizzas, matched specifically to the beers being sampled at the festival.

HOW MUCH?
Tasting cup: $5 and each tasting ticket: $1.

Tickets can be pre-purchased prior to the festival on-line at www.australianheritagehotel.com or by emailing [email protected].

Pre-purchased tickets will cost $10 which includes a tasting cup and 10 tasting tickets.
Venue

The Australian Hotel
Corner of Abercrombie and Broadway Streets
Sydney
Phone: 02 9211 3486
Prices

From $10 Adult
Children
Concession
Seniors
Members
Family of 4
Contact Details
General Enquiries

Paddy Maher
The Australian Hotel
100 Cumberland Street
The Rocks 2000
Phone: 02 9247 2229
[email protected]
Related Websites

Official Website
http://www.australianheritagehotel.com

Myself, Trev and some of the Northside brewers will be there in a stand all of our very own!!!,not a AHB stand though, but plenty of plugging of the site for sure.

Ive been asked to do a mash demo....on the side of the street!?!?!?

neonmeate said:
does anyone know what beers brewtopia and ABB will have there?
[post="79382"][/post]​
Dunno about ABB but I'm pretty sure Brewtopia only do one beer (and do personalised labels for people who like such things.) I'm assuming that beer is the same as Blowfly....

looks good,
i think i'll be there..! :-D

bugger about the short lead time on this event...I will have to sit this one out...looking forward to hearing from the lads that do go....

have a beer for me...

MWS

good question Peter... a quick email to the organisers should get an answer... prolly something like 100mls...?

Peter Wadey said:
I wonder how big that tasting cup is????
[post="79683"][/post]​

I believe its 60ml. I have a tasting cup at home and I'll double check it.
If you don't hear from me tomorrow, then I was right (probably).

Berp.

ouch is right!!

at $1 for a 60ml sample, that comes out to about $6 for a stubbie! better be some good beer. 100ml samples wouldnt be too bad i suppose for a beer festival. you sort of expect to pay a bit more for the brews, but you also expect a higher quality for your money.
joe

joecast said:
ouch is right!!

at $1 for a 60ml sample, that comes out to about $6 for a stubbie! better be some good beer. 100ml samples wouldnt be too bad i suppose for a beer festival. you sort of expect to pay a bit more for the brews, but you also expect a higher quality for your money.
joe
[post="79730"][/post]​

Confirmed.
You get a 200ml cup, which has a 60ml line on it for one tasting. If you want to fill the cup, it'll cost you 3 tix ($3).

Apparently they'll have about 60 beers on tap.

Berp.

Hmmm, might be a nice way to get warmed up for the Grand Final on Sunday arvo..... $6 for a stubbie is pretty much standard city beer prices (hell I paid $7 for the first LCPA I tried), you country folk and brewers are just spoiled!!!

SpaceMonkey said:
Hmmm, might be a nice way to get warmed up for the Grand Final on Sunday arvo..... $6 for a stubbie is pretty much standard city beer prices (hell I paid $7 for the first LCPA I tried), you country folk and brewers are just spoiled!!!
[post="80082"][/post]​

agreed, i paid $6.50 for a Coopers Sparkling the other night :angry:

KoNG said:
SpaceMonkey said:
[post="80082"][/post]​

agreed, i paid $6.50 for a Coopers Sparkling the other night :angry:
[post="80091"][/post]​

This of course is why we brew... if good beer were $1.50 per stubbie I don't think too many of us would bother!! (apart from some of the AG wizards of course)

Did anyone make it along ? Any good ?
Was a great weekend weather wise for it.

Beers,
Doc

Was there all weekend.....manning a stand on behalf of the "Sydney homebrewers clubs"with Trev and tseay...for the punters of course...

We had samples of the winner of the Wheat class from the NSW state comp as well as other fine examples of the best homebrew around

Just like the Melbourne beer festival but a tad more civilised and alot smaller.

I reckon the token system made those present think more of their choices and quantities

Lots of advise doled out to those with the " I had a go years ago, but got and infection or something and gave up" and a fair few "said" they'll have another crack at it.

Oh and get ready for and influx of newbies here..we had a list of web contacts with here near the top of the list and lots of pointing it out

i went along on sunday arv.. great day for it.
i had already sampled alot of the beers on offer before, but my girlfriend enjoyed tasting all mine anyway.!
Fish Rock - red emporer.. was my pick of the brews i hadnt tasted previously.
Cascade is definately the hop of choice for many brewers........

I went along too,

It was great to meet a few brewers from the forum and have a chat and a taste... thanks for the invite Linz! Had a great day.

I know the $5 tasting cup plus the $1 for a 60ml sampler seemed steep, but most of the people at the stores seemed to fill mine (midi size) and enjoy a chat. Some even refused to let me pay for it.

Latest posts

Back