Good Beer & Atmosphere - Brisbane Cbd

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Closer to the date post when you will be in the CBD and some of us who work there will meet up for a drink.

Cheers
Jye

Cheers Jye - as I mentioned to Ross last night, the dates are still a but rubbery but the evening of Tuesday 31 Oct is looking good. As long as I can stagger into the meeting on Wednesday morning, I should be right!! :ph34r:

Cheers,
TL

Brett Pointon's Oaks Group manages a few properties in and around the CBD, Oaks Lexicon is right in the centre of the CBD, Ann and Wharf Sts, and Oaks Felix a couple of blocks away as is Oaks 212 Margaret St, any of these are close to the Belgian Beer Cafe etc and only a 10 min walk to the Riverside Ferry Terminal if you want to visit 152 Oxford St, which IMO is the very best, and great food as well.

Guys,

Trough Lolly is coming over to my place tomorrow evening for a few cleansing ales...
I'm collecting him from the city between 6.30 & 7.00pm, so we should be supping by 7.30pm.
It's short notice, but anyone who fancy's joining us & having a chin wag with one of AHB's sages is most welcome... :party:

P.S. It's my birthday too... so a double reason to join us both for an ale...

Cheers Ross...

Guys,

Trough Lolly is coming over to my place tomorrow evening for a few cleansing ales...
I'm collecting him from the city between 6.30 & 7.00pm, so we should be supping by 7.30pm.
It's short notice, but anyone who fancy's joining us & having a chin wag with one of AHB's sages is most welcome...
P.S. It's my birthday too... so a double reason to join us both for an ale...

Cheers Ross...

Many Happy Returns in advance Ross.
Party2.gif

Too bad I can't get down to have a cold one with you both.
What a shame it's not on a Thursday?

:beer:

Will do my best to make it for a few but cant promise anything yet :(

Cheers Ross, hope you have an enjoyable day tomorrow, don't think there is any way I can swing it for this one, but would love to. Don't want Stu to get a big head, it's just the late call.

21 again hey Ross?! All the best for tomorrow. Unfortunately probably won't be able to join you and TL for drinks.
Cheers
Stephen.

All the best for tomorrow old thing

Next time a little more than half a days notice and the three stooges may have been able to attend

Batz

All the best for tomorrow old thing

Next time a little more than half a days notice and the three stooges may have been able to attend

Batz

Hey Moe, Hey Moe, Nyaaaaahhaaa, whoop whoop whoop! :lol: :lol:

gee this is quite tempting ross, it's the last day of my holidays tomorrow. probably won't able to arrange transport though, and could be tempting fate by going to your place on the day before I go back to work :)

Lock up your faucets...I'm boarding the flight in one hour!

Catch you in Brisbane! :beer:

Cheers,
TL

Final bump, hope a few of you can make it.... :party:

cheers Ross...

The ATO has shafted me big time. Banned myself from AHB until I did some tax paperwork. Sign back on and find that I've missed not only Ross's birthday but TL's visit. The only consolation was that I just rang these guys and they are having a great time.

TL, as Ross would have told you, I would have been there for sure. Great to at least be able to ring tonight though and say hello. You sound a lot younger than you look - lol.

Will impatiently await your next visit to Perth.

All the best and many thanks for your past spot-on advice,

:beer:
Pat

God bless the ATO!

I was enjoying the peace and quiet.

Now come on BarFridge, that's not a relationship-building comment!

I'm moving back to WA in the New Year. First thing I'm going to do is get your number so I have someone to talk to - really late at night, about tax and stuff!

LOL,
Pat

P.S. I am thinking of moving to Morley. What do you reckon?

I really need to check out Oxford 152. I've now driven past it twice, but have been very much on my way somewhere - usually late - and obviously haven't been able to drop in.

How is ze German Club at Woolloonnggaaabbba? I hear bits and pieces of nice things, but nothing solid. I'm sure the music and general scene are poor, but a nice place to taste a few good beers.

Re: Brewhouse... I don't really like the place, but I'm fairly stuck up. Maybe the music is too loud for my sensitive ears, or maybe it's the pavilion-like acoustics of the place. A few of the beers tasted quite metallic, but I was pleased with the Bulldog Ale, or whatever is trying to be the Coopers Paley. Haven't tried them all though... but do enjoy the LCPAs they usually have in the fridge if I'm in a cynical mood.

Belgium is somewhere I often find myself though. Don't judge people too quickly there though; a lot of people go there to be cool, and then buy Stella. But they're mostly ok.

Cheers is small and quiet, but has some reasonably solid beers, if a little underhopped. Rudi is a good brewer, but appears too scared to push his solid German boundaries.

Hi Dunkel

You have got to give the German Club a go. Usually very quiet unless Lions are playing or cricket is on. Though my mate went to the Ocktoberfest and he sais it was packed. Food menu is very limited and fairly plain - but Ok for the price.

But the beers are tremendous and much cheaper than the Belgium. Got to love those Germans. Give it a try.

Got to say I am not impressed by the Brewhouse. Good place to watch sport with mates, but the house beers are ordinary. Remind me of cheap K&K beers. I'll be sticking to the bottled beers next time I visit.

Cheers

What a top night I had at Chez Craftbrewer! :beer:
No sooner had I ordered a beer from the bar in the hotel, Ross turned up to whisk me away. I managed to get one beer into him before we commenced the trek south to Carbrook. We finally arrived and it wasn't long before I stood before an excellent bar with a font that glistened with condensation and promise....oh boy, what fun we're about to have!

I can happily report that we sampled and critiqued quite a few beers that night - I lost count after about number 12, but I enjoyed every one of his clean, balanced and well crafted beers. My favourites included his Ruddels County which was the first sample, a delightful bitter that would suit any palate, his pale and thirst quenchingly good CAP, and a massively full on but well crafted and balanced Imperial pale ale that we simply had to leave to last but certainly not least.

With totally overwhelmed tastedbuds I was safely returned to my hotel in the wee small hours, thanks to Ross's lovely wife Jacky who patiently put up with our endless hours of beertalk, and I managed to grab a few hours sleep before work, later that morning! :ph34r:

An excellent evening, and I just wanted to put on the public record my sincere thanks to Ross and his family for putting up with me at such short notice. The opportunity to have a go at Pat over the phone for not being able to turn up was great fun too! Hopefully I'll give greater notice before I next visit Brisvegas!

Cheers,
TL

Hey!

Has anyone else seen the Qantas Mag this month? There is an interesting roundup of Brewpubs across the land.

For all you Brisvegans, Oxford 152 makes their cut for places to go while there. They seem to have at least got that right.

BTW, against nearly all of the advice on this thread, I took some friends to the Brewhouse on a recent visit.
<_<
I will pay a bit more attention to the treads next time ;) .

Had a cracker at Little Creatures on Sat Night though! Tried everything and settled on the Pale which I really enjoyed a lot more than what I have had in bottles.

It was also nice to see the sun drop into the sea as it does over there while we were at it. Magic! :)

FHG

Opinions on the BrewHouse aside, they currently have RedOak Honey Ale on tap and the Pale Ale, Blackberry HefeWeizen and Belgian Chocolate Stout in bottles.

I tried the bottled three recently and was impressed by all of them.

The Pale Ale and the Chocolate Stout particularly.

A good opportunity for those of us up here in Brisbane to try some beers from a brewery that is getting big wraps...

Back