• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Goldings Rhizomes For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big78sam

Frequent poster - My post count is no reflection o
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have some Goldings rhizomes going cheap. Just looking for a no fuss arrangement to cover the cost of fixing my urn. At the moment I'm only looking for local pick up in Sunbury or Melbourne CBD.

Photos are below.

Prices. 2 small rhizomes = $10 for the 2

small_goldings.jpg

Medium Rhizomes = $10 each

photo below

Large Rhizomes $20 each

photo below

These have produced well for me in Melbourne. All have multiple new shoots.

If I don't get rid of them or if someone is really keen I will consider posting (not to Tas or WA) but I'd have to confirm postage costs.

I will also have a similar offer once I dig up my cascade rhizome.

Please PM if interested. I will post back here if I run out.

medium rhizomes
medium_goldings.jpg

large rhizomes

large_goldings.jpg

how old are the big ones?

All from the same original rhizome planted 2 years ago. I had to remove as we're moving house so have broken up. It was pretty huge. I even kept the 2 biggest pieces for the new house.

The big ones have lots of new shoots. If you need a close up I can post tomorrow. These were pulled out of the ground yesterday and are now if a dedicated fridge.

Hi Sam,

I would definitely be interested in a cascade rhizome once you dig em up. Can you put me down for 1 cascade rhizome. I'll PM you.

Cheers,

FYI cascade will be dug up on Saturday. I am now posting these as several people have requested this. No WA or Tas though.

I will have chinook available as well but I figure the demand for this will be less as it's more common and the good doctor still has plenty left. If you want chinook I can dig some up as well.

I have attached a photo taken in November last year (there was still a lot of growth left at this early stage of the season but you can see they went quite well).

373870_251745144878670_278299469_n.jpg

Hi:

When will the Chinook etc be dug up?

A mate might be interested in some small rhizomes.
Pickup from cbd.

Thanks,

R

I'll take a large Cascade for my mate. Collect from CBD.
Is Monday good for collection?

I'll take a large Cascade for my mate. Collect from CBD.
Is Monday good for collection?

Monday will be fine for a CBD pick up. I will have to confirm on Saturday after I dig it up. Based on the size of the Goldings I got I will have no problem having the large cascade to offer but I won't know for sure until I dig it up.

EDIT: I will try to dig up chinook Saturday as well if you want some. PM me if you do and I will definitely be able to dig up a portion of the rhizome even if I don't have time to dig it all up.

G'day.

I'll take a couple of goldings rhizomes. You still got the mediums? I can pick up on the weekend in Sunbury.

Cascade are now out of the ground. I didn't get as many Cascade and have enough to cover the PM requests to date with one or 2 extra. All large cascades are spoken for by PMs so only small are left. I won't be able to offer 2 cascade for $10 as I didn't get as many so it will be $10 per small rhizome. The photo I took didn't work but most of the small cascades are a bit shorter but substantially fatter. All have lots of new growth. These have also gone into the fridge today.

I will reply to all the PMs received so far tonight and confirm all are still interested. I can post the rhizomes express post for $9.50. I will be able to fit 2 to 3 small rhizomes into the package.

I didn't get the chinook up but will do so next weekend.

PM if interested.

Bump as I've seen a couple of requests here today. Chinook comes up Sunday. I still have goldings and cascade left. Small size only $10 each. Pm if interested.

I'd be interested, but I've got marching orders on my current house - should hopefully be in the new place in 2-3 weeks if you haven't managed to rid yourself of the rhizomes.

Bump as I've seen a couple of requests here today. Chinook comes up Sunday. I still have goldings and cascade left. Small size only $10 each. Pm if interested.

Hi mate:

Let me know when the chinook are up.
Regards,

Reuven

Chinook are up now. These will be $10 per rhizome. If you want to pick up in CBD or come out to Sunbury I have large ones for $20.

Photo below. The tape is 30cm long. Same deal as the others - all have multiple new shoots. There are 2 large ones in the photo in case there's any doubt.

IMAG0184.jpg

Back