Gold Coast Home Brewers Unite!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will let the guys who have PMed me know when I can if there's anyone from BABBs willing to lend a hand re:setup info etc - BABBs guys reading please either PM those interested or let me know if you're keen to help with some info!

Yep, give us a yell if there's anything we may be able to help out with. All the best for the first meeting tonight!

Cheers,
tallie

Howdy Gold Coast Brewers! For all the lucky guys n gals coming to the first meeting tonight, bring some spare cash as we will be having a raffle for some Mashmaster Drip Trays (Thanks to Ross from Craftbrewer).

AND if you wanted to bring a spare bottle of booze, we can chuck that in the raffle pile too! See you all tonight!

Cheers,
Damien

Cool meeting Gents. Awesome bunch of guys. awesome beers.

I guess big thanks to Damien for organising everything and the following meetings at Burleigh Brewing. Thats gonna be so cool...

I have so much to learn and get stuck into .

And the next todo /shopping list :- Get kegging gear. I like look of your setup Damien and will have to pick your brain for all the bits and pieces. I think that will breath new life into my brewing.

I'm thrilled to meet you all .

Hey Damien when's your next brew day ?

I guess big thanks to Damien for organising everything and the following meetings at Burleigh Brewing. Thats gonna be so cool...

And the next todo /shopping list :- Get kegging gear. I like look of your setup Damien and will have to pick your brain for all the bits and pieces. I think that will breath new life into my brewing.

Totally agree...great bunch of guys and some amazing beers (better than most beers I have had commercially)

Damien did a great job!!

I'm holding off on kegging until I get my beers better (I think I nearly killed the remaining guys with my Kick In The Teeth Stout :lol: ) so hops and better yeast and better brewing conditions are my next thing on my to-do list.

When did the Kick In The Teeth get opened? Bummed that I somehow missed out on that one, as I was looking forward to it, in a sort of morbidly curious way. :D

Awesome night, Damien! We had a great turn out for the first meeting (I don't think your apartment could have handled many more). 2 fingers to the naysayers! All it took was one bloke with enough enthusiasm (and a sweet kegerator) to make it happen!

Glad the meeting went well guys. Unfortunately i had to work but I'm planning on chucking a sicky for the next one :D . Im about to brew a Dr Smurtos golden ale all grain Biab in the next couple of weeks so will be able to bring some along in a month or two for judgement.

When did the Kick In The Teeth get opened? Bummed that I somehow missed out on that one, as I was looking forward to it, in a sort of morbidly curious way. :D

Awesome night, Damien! We had a great turn out for the first meeting (I don't think your apartment could have handled many more). 2 fingers to the naysayers! All it took was one bloke with enough enthusiasm (and a sweet kegerator) to make it happen!

Due to me thinking my beer was a bit average it got opened afterwards, lets just say the bitterness was a bit overwhelming for the boys haha 65IBU count is a bit high :blink:

Cheers to Damian for teeing up the meeting - a long time coming and well worth the wait!

Great group of brewers and great beers.

Thanks for having us at your place, to your Mrs. for vacating (have you broken the dress standard news yet?) and for having the energy to finally get this up and happening!

Cheers!

Kev

Oh wow! Thanks for the all the congrats guys. But I think the real congrats of the night goes to all of us Gold Coast Home brewers. Tasting some of the awesome beers going around last night really impressed upon me how much we all have to offer the Craft Beer Barren locality of the GC.

I have a sneaking suspicion that our little unassuming gathering of 11 brewers may have been the most varied beer drunk in the Goldy in it's history!

Pretty awesome!

So, the next meeting will be held from 6-9pm at the Burleigh Brewing Co. on Friday 12th of October (Second Friday of the Month).

Our name was unanimously voted in as 'The GoldCLUB' - The Gold Coast Local United Brewers.

ahhh and so a new homebrew club has been born!

:)

Cheers to Damian for teeing up the meeting - a long time coming and well worth the wait!

Great group of brewers and great beers.

Thanks for having us at your place, to your Mrs. for vacating (have you broken the dress standard news yet?) and for having the energy to finally get this up and happening!

Cheers!

Kev

hHAHAHHAHA yeah.. I think i slurred something of that effect before I flopped into bed... but I think I just confused her.. Made so much sense when we were all chatting about it!!!

Congratulations Damien, I knew if I kept at you you'd eventually do it. Wasn't that hard was it?

good to see the enthusiasm being generated south of Brisbane.

HD

Thanks Howard!

By the way my Kriek is starting to smell like manure.... Gotta love lambics!!!

See you at BABBS!

Great evening. Thanks Damien.

Great to try the different beers.

Looking forward to the next meeting.

Damian.

Hey Andy,
My next brew day will be on Saturday of next weekend (I think). This will coincide with me being on Beer Factor on Go! Cheesy I know, but everyone needs 15 minutes of fame right???!

So, I will check with the little lady, but I am pretty sure I might even be doing a back to back brew that day as I have 3 grain bills ready to rock n roll!

Will let you know if it is definately going ahead, if so, all interested members of the GoldCLUB are invited!

Cheers,

Damien

Damien - Say hello at BABBS. I'm shocking putting names to the faces at things like that...Are you the Damien I know or another one I don't...?

Cheers

:)

Congratulations guys. It's good you've got a venue - is BB going to be a long term location or are they just helping out in the beginning?

As a PUBS (Pine Rivers) member I can say that when the club met in garages and rumpus rooms it was a good lively wee club and we'd get ten or fifteen attendees, but once we got the venue (Kruger Hall at Kallangur) it stepped up a whole new quantum level, and on occasion we have had up to 30 - not that quantity is the main thing, but with a fixed time and location it's far easier for people and prospective new members to locate and attend and pencil in their social diaries :beerbang:

Well done Damien and congrats to the Gold Coast Brewers, after getting the Ipswich Club up and running it's great to see a new chapter of QLD brewers getting together.

cheers

Browndog

HI guys I'm new to AHB and live in melb but my family lives in the gold coast and I spend a lot of time up in the GC .I would be interested in meeting with other brewer when I am up in the GC . What is the name of the club on facebook so i can follow whats going on , and is there a group i can joint on AHB

thanks to all the guys last night for a good time,
i will have to get some drinking done to clear out my kezza so i can refill it with a few more beers,
i should be brewing up a kolosch next , mabe next meet we can organise a brew day and bbq at my place,
cheers kegs

Latest posts

Back