Gold Coast Home Brewers Unite!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to trying my first AG homebrews! I'm only bringing a couple of bottles, Kick In The Teeth Stout (8%er) & a Mystery IPA (mystery since I wasn't sure if it would work since I had "dramas" making it)

I'm looking forward to this!! :D

No kidding! ooh ooh can you try mine first! hahhaha

I wonder if anyone else will be popping their AG cherry?

Thinking of having a brew day soon, so feel free to come over for that one! We shall discuss at the meeting.

Really glad you are as pumped as me champ!

Hey Damien,

I'm out for tomorrow night, have a work do that I have to attend & staying up in Brissy.

Sorry for the late notice, can't get out of this one

I will bring a Cascade CPA, Boh Pils (very young) with the CPBFiller, and some bottle conditioned IIPAs.

Thanks Howard, forgot about food and other incidentals....

Will let the guys who have PMed me know when I can if there's anyone from BABBs willing to lend a hand re:setup info etc - BABBs guys reading please either PM those interested or let me know if you're keen to help with some info!

Cheers

Also, if you GC guys are willing to travel a little North, happy to have a Brew Day here on my HERMs at some point - I'm about 800m walk from Murarrie train station so easy to train up - just a short 90-100 min shuffle towards Brissy :)

Let me know if you're keen - I am, SWMBO may not be so much but we will deal with it!

Cheers

Also, if you GC guys are willing to travel a little North, happy to have a Brew Day here on my HERMs at some point - I'm about 800m walk from Murarrie train station so easy to train up - just a short 90-100 shuffle towards Brissy :)

Let me know if you're keen - I am, SWMBO may not be so much but we will deal with it!

Cheers

Hmmm... My brother lives like 100m from Murarrie train station too. small world.

Indeed!

Gimme a yell if you're ever visiting - should pop in for a beer or three - 5 on tap plus a Beer Engine here :)

Cheers

wow.. HERMS... and I thought my 3 vessel was hardcore... I can see I have a long way to go Obi Wahn...

Gotta love this hobby huh... always something to learn!

For sure. Taken me a long time to get here, and already planning the next upgrade - A decent metal enclosure for the gear, Brauduino/Braumiser control setup, motorised ball valves, and semi/fully automated process - being an apprentice sparky certainly doesn't help - in fact it gives me more than enough ammunition to piss-off SWMBO and devote many weekends to 'building' the new brewery, not just brewing - that doesn't even include the new 'brew frame' - which I'm hoping will be stainless with hidden (ie:internal) wiring....

Grand plans, and many years to get there!

In the meantime...... brewing beers that are pretty OK :) ;)

For sure. Taken me a long time to get here, and already planning the next upgrade - A decent metal enclosure for the gear, Brauduino/Braumiser control setup, motorised ball valves, and semi/fully automated process - being an apprentice sparkcy certainly doesn't help - in fact it gives me more than enough ammunition to piss-off SWMBO and devote many weekends to 'building' the new brewery, not just brewing - that doesn't even include the new 'brew frame' - which I'm hoping will be stainless with hidden (ie:internal) wiring....

Grand plans, and many years to get there!

In the meantime...... brewing beers that are pretty OK :) ;)

Bloooooody hell..... I think I need to make a trip to your place sometime soon and bring a notepad... oh, and a better engineering brain!!!

Sounds like an epic setup!

Feel free mate. Gimme a couple weeks notice and no problems. Can even stay if you need to, always a spare bed here (unless its anytime from 1 week from today, to 5 weeks from today...) I have a Monday off every second week, so if you're free, I'm generally brewing :) Otherwise weekends :)

Let me know if you're keen!

Cheers

Just finished the meeting with Burleigh Brewing Co.

I won't give away too much, but I have very, VERY good news to tell you all tomorrow night!

WHOOP WHOOP!

Damien

:)

Just finished the meeting with Burleigh Brewing Co.

I won't give away too much, but I have very, VERY good news to tell you all tomorrow night!

WHOOP WHOOP!

Damien

:)

They're letting us use their gear? I'm first. Gonna make a chicken carcass lambic. :D

ok ok... not THAT good... very frigging good news though....

;)

I am also an AG virgin and am keen to see what all the fuss is about :)

My beer stock is pretty limited at the moment unfortunately, but I will bring a couple of tallies along.

Looking forward to it, in fact I am warming up right now with a Tower 10 IPA and an Atomic Pale Ale. All in the name of research of course ;)

Damian.

I am also an AG virgin and am keen to see what all the fuss is about :)

As with all first times dont expect it to be great. (it'll be fantastic!! Kidding). Well expect that with my limited setup and lazy approach
a decent beer is made.

it begins....

Back