Gold Coast Home Brewers Unite!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... epic brew day Nick!

There is talk of us doing some work with the brewery in future months, as Brennan's face apparently 'Lit Up' when he heard about a brew club finally taking off.

Fingers crossed I do a bit of work for them as well. A partnership with a brewery would be frigging fantastic for a club methinks... especially as Burleigh Brewing are a quirky bunch!

Look forward to seeing you at a meeting soon! And I would be happy to pick you up from the station matey!

Will work on the letter ;)

Damien

LOL, no worries!

Will do my best to make it at some point, but with BABBs on the 4th Thurs of the month, it may be a stretch! We shall see though, because I'm very interested in making it down for sure!

Meeting today with the Burleigh Brewing Co regarding our possible new HQ.

Thought I would throw it out there, and ask if any of you legends had any questions/queries about us holding the monthly meeting of our club there.

No point us raising a question at our meeting tomorrow that could have been asked today!

Let me know ASAP if you have a question you would like me to pass on.

Cheers and beers!

Damien

If we were to have it at Burleigh Brewing would that stop us from bringing our own beer along?

No, I have asked this question of them already, and it is all hunky dory with us bringing our own plonk.

Thank god... would be one hella boring meeting otherwise!

Hey Guys,
No chance getting there tomorrow night but next one should be a goer.
According to my maps Burleigh Brewing is about 1 Km walk from Varsity lakes station.Is this correct?
I live at Coomera so the train looks like the go.
Have fun,
wombil.

Hey Guys,
No chance getting there tomorrow night but next one should be a goer.
According to my maps Burleigh Brewing is about 1 Km walk from Varsity lakes station.Is this correct?
I live at Coomera so the train looks like the go.
Have fun,
wombil.

Dude I live at Coomera!! Thats good to know about the station..driving down this time so I have to behave and don't get into too much trouble with the wife :lol:

hahahha yeah...

Well tomorrow it will just be at my appartment... (the little lady is going out for a movie ;) ). Fingers crossed the NEXT one will be at Burleigh Brewing Co... hopefully nestled next to a massive fermenter... frigging sweet...

We just have to work out a few details, such as meeting times, and the fact that a staff member will probably need to be present at the meeting to make sure that we don't make off with a keg or two.... hehehe
See you guys tomorrow night!

Remember, if you don't know my address in Burleigh call/text me on 0402 888 553 or check out our facebook page.

Cheers!

Damien

PS if any of you have questions that you want me to ask the Burleigh Brewing Co, make sure you send them to me asap, as I will be meeting with them in 3 hrs.

D

Hi All,

Coomera Based Brewer here, interested in subscribing to this !..

Is there a sign up or group here on AHB ??

Or is it the Facebook link only ?

Hey Freemasha!

The Facebook page will give you the best info.

We are meeting at my place tomorrow evening at 7pm, in Burleigh on the Esplanade.

Buzz me if you want more specifics. The facebook page should pop up if you search under Burleigh Brewers. We will be changing the name however, owing to copywrite.

Hope to see you tomorrow night, otherwise, keep an eye on this thread!

Cheers,

Damien

Just send Damo a message either on his mobile above or the Facebook page. Hoping to make it along next month as I have CPR and Pole Top Rescue training at work on Friday - which requires me to catch the train at 5:45am to make it. Not conducive to drinking 100km from home and 1 hour by train away the night before :(

Good luck, and have fun guys!

EDIT: Too slow!!! Well done Mr Speedy!

I've got a few bottles to bring along.

- All Grain Pilsner - just reviewing the recipe from June and is Pilsner Malt/caraplis/crystal with saaz hops.

and

- partial canadian blonde kit/pilsner grain with cascade hops for bittering and flavour

My style of brewing is usually throwing some grains together to make beer and not bothered about a 'style' as such.
Really looking forward to have others bless/or bash them.

Am brewing S&W pacific ale clone on sunday, and keeping a few bottles for tasting. Cannot guarantee they wont be
drunk :drinks: before the next time.
Andrew

OOohhh Yummo Andy that sounds awesome!

I brewed a S+W PA clone a few months ago and it turned out frigging amazing (well according to my sister who is a S+W nut). Would be good to compare recipes.

Gotta love Galaxy! Like being smashed in the head with a Pasito bottle... in a good way of course!

;)

Hi damien, can't make tomorow night i'm affraid, but would be looking forward to future events etc.
will keep my eyes glued, was the idea a monthly meeting ? quarterly etc ?

Hey Masha,

I would definately prefer monthly. Don't think I could handle waiting for quarterly!

BUT we will wait to see what everyone thinks tomorrow night. What would your preference be?

It is OUR club after all and we get to mould it into whatever we want!

Monthly works assuming a decent size membership - you should look into financials etc if you're wanting a proper club, just so you're registered and can enter comps etc. PM when/if you want details and I'll give you the details of the BABBs guys ho have set this up - it's certainly not mandatory, but if you want to enter the state championships as a club, then it's advisable - there will be a financial aspect to it, but BABBs runs at $85/year and is profitable....

See how you go and I'll give the details if needed!

Cheers

Monthly works assuming a decent size membership - you should look into financials etc if you're wanting a proper club, just so you're registered and can enter comps etc. PM when/if you want details and I'll give you the details of the BABBs guys ho have set this up - it's certainly not mandatory, but if you want to enter the state championships as a club, then it's advisable - there will be a financial aspect to it, but BABBs runs at $85/year and is profitable....

See how you go and I'll give the details if needed!

Cheers

PM sent!

Looking forward to trying my first AG homebrews! I'm only bringing a couple of bottles, Kick In The Teeth Stout (8%er) & a Mystery IPA (mystery since I wasn't sure if it would work since I had "dramas" making it)

I'm looking forward to this!! :D

Back