Gold Coast Home Brewers Unite!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damien13

Reaction score
Hey everyone... I am sick of whinging and bitching about no good home brew clubs, shops, people in the Gold Coast.

SO i thought I would do something about it and find out who on here is from the lovely, culture barren land of the GC.

I really would like to get a few contacts so we can start bulk buying and having a few brew days.
ALSO to guage what interest there would be in starting up a club?

Anyway, let me know ok!?

Cheer,

Damien

Hey everyone... I am sick of whinging and bitching about no good home brew clubs, shops, people in the Gold Coast.

SO i thought I would do something about it and find out who on here is from the lovely, culture barren land of the GC.

I really would like to get a few contacts so we can start bulk buying and having a few brew days.
ALSO to guage what interest there would be in starting up a club?

Anyway, let me know ok!?

Cheer,

Damien

Been asked heaps of times
Gold Coast

Unfortunately Damien, nothing ever gets off the ground here for some reason or another

I'm not sure anything has actually ever been organised in order to get off the ground!

Tee something up Damian - see if people show.

Kev

Sounds like a great idea. Im new to all grain brewing and would be keen to learn off a few experienced brewers and bulk grain buying definately sounds good. Hopefully this gets off the ground.

Just because its been done before doesn't mean this one will fail! :D

You organise a time and place and I will bring along my poison...ahh....home brew :lol:

OKAY IT IS HAPPENING!

I am currently in talks with Burleigh Brewing (as a meeting location) and in the interests of bringing something more substantial than a vague idea to the table when I talk with them again, I PROPOSE AN INTERIM MEETING PLACE AND TIME.

Thursday the 13th of September at BBQ area outside my place on the Esplanade (until I can secure a mates backyard nearby) in Burleigh.
The main thing I want to get out of this first meeting is to see how much support there would be for a club here. Seeing as the best beer on the coast at the moment is probably being made by us, I think that the GC is in DIRE need of a club.

LONG LIVE THE BURLEIGH BREWERS! (interim name!)

Remember... if you come to the first meeting you will get bragging rights to being there 'when it all started'. Frigging awesome..

So, to make sure I don't over/underestimate the support, I need firm numbers on who will come.

Let me restate a point I made earlier THIS IS HAPPENING!!!

Cheers,

Damien

I can't make it tue-friday evenings (4 month old) but will join. Pencil me in as joined but absent.

Ok, ok looking good fellas!

Below is a list of people who had previously mentioned some interest...

Not sure how to contact them... perhaps someone with more savvy can help?

I don't usually use forums that much, so am a bit sucky at this kind of stuff!

MichaelStowawayAshmoreAG-BIABYESYES

MichaelozpowellRobinaAGYESYES

TrevtrevcSurfersAGYESYES

KevkevoMermaidExtracts/PartialsYESYES

BrianWildaYeastBonoginAGYESYES
MikemicrobeUpper CoomeraK&BYESYES

DamianDamianMSouthportK&KYESYES

MickgoldyUpper CoomeraK&BYESYES

KenKenwoodCoolangattaK&B

Getting some PMs back which is great!!

Times might be an issue but we can work with that

Even if our first one is a few people it doesn't matter, would be good to get some of the GC guys together none the less. :)

Agreed!

I have just done up a flyer for the our new homebrew club, if anyone wants it, shoot me an email on

[email protected] and I will forward it for you to ammend with your own phone number etc...

Awesome responses so far!

If everyone could, to keep us all in the loop, and for those (like myself) who don't check the forum much, but have email 24 hrs of the day (groan), shoot me anemail at [email protected] and I will set up a group email list.
That way we can get a bit of banter going ;)

Looking forward to a get together next month. Am thinking of hosting a bit of a brew day on the weekend after our meeting if anyone is keen to dive into a bit of All-Grain??? Let me know, and I will get the little lady baking for us! teeheee
Cheers,

Damien

Hi,

Brian here; got the PM.

I'm in Bonogin, so the Burleigh Brewery works brilliantly for me if Brennan is willing to host us. I'm an AG brewer.

I've been a BABBs member for a few years. While I don't like the drive, it is a good club and I'm appreciative of how much work goes into running it. Everybody potentially wants something different out of a club, but for me the mini-comps are good -- not because I'm keen on competitions, but I do think the practice tasting and judging is something that really benefits from a club environment. Brennan is an experienced judge, so another plus if he can make the time -- he's a busy man.

I do think the GC ought to be big enough to support a club, but there is work, depending on what folks want from it. I think that may have been part of the problem in the past, but I agree that it may just take a few goes. If it's just about bulk buys, that happens already through AHB. Just a meet and greet and share a few brews is also quite easy and I'd welcome the chance. My first AG experience was a brew day on the GC and it was a great experience.

I'm in CA now, but I'll be back on 13/9 in the AM. May be a bit knackered, but will try to make it...

Latest posts

Back