Gold Coast Amateur Brewing Competition - April 2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elronalds

Reaction score
The Gold Club is excited to announce the 2017 Gold Coast Amateur Brewing Competition.

Website is available now at https://www.gcabc.com.au/ and this a BJCP sanctioned competition.

Online registration is now open and ready for judges, stewards, and brewers. Beers can be registered from Monday 16 January 2017. It will be $3 / entry for beers payable online, no brewer registration fees.

Beer drop off will be early March at the Burleigh Brewing warehouse or Craftbrewer. More details on that to follow.

Contact details are available on the website for further details or if you are interested in shipping entries and we can make further arrangements.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/738764852949049/

GCABC.png

Some great prizes have been setup for this as well.

Champion Brewer - Pro-Am collaboration beer with Burleigh Brewing
Champion Beer (Highest Scoring Beer) - SS Brew Tech Stainless Brew Bucket from Newera Brewing
1st Place Category Winner - 25kg Sack of Grain (sponsored by Cryer Malt, Hoppy Days Brewing Supplies, Gladfield Malt and BeerCo)
2nd Place Category Winner - $20 Craftbrewer Voucher and White Labs Yeast
3rd Place Category Winner - White Labs Yeast

Just one 740ml bottle or two for entries?

sp0rk said:
Local entries only?
We're accepting entries at Craftbrewer and the Burleigh Brewing warehouse for drop-off. Details will be available next week for the drop-off. You can ship entries to use if you're in rural Queensland or interstate. We'll be announcing the shipping details closer to the end of February. Note: we won't be shipping prizes directly to winners or providing transport for the brew day, the prizes will be pickup only or shipping at your own expense.

nickxb said:
Just one 740ml bottle or two for entries?
Just one 750mL bottle, PET preferred but we also will be accepting glass bottles.

If you are looking for judges or stewards, I'm just over 1.5 hours up in the hills, have pencilled event into my busy social diary :p

I take it the judging will be at Burleigh?

Just to clarify......

The entry form for each beer submitted must include full recipe details, etc as requested on the form? Or are recipes only required for the "special" beers nominated as such?

Cheers.

Dr Rummy said:
Just to clarify......

The entry form for each beer submitted must include full recipe details, etc as requested on the form? Or are recipes only required for the "special" beers nominated as such?

Cheers.
In my experience, you generally don't have to give the recipe.
For the specialty beer category, it is often a good idea to provide some information to the judges, e.g. "this is a cherry infused, bretted, eisbock-pilsner" that way the judges have a bit of a clue on what to expect.
I don't believe it is a requirement for that category either.

OP should be able to confirm this in greater detail

seehuusen said:
For the specialty beer category, it is often a good idea to provide some information to the judges, e.g. "this is a cherry infused, bretted, eisbock-pilsner" that way the judges have a bit of a clue on what to expect.

Thanks Seehuusen.

seehuusen said:

Bump!

What is the location for postal entries? Is it just Craft Brewer? Cheers

Dan K said:
What is the location for postal entries? Is it just Craft Brewer? Cheers

Seconding this question, where is the postal address?

elronalds said:
Please send me an email on the competition website at https://www.gcabc.com.au/contact for shipping entries.
I sent an email as per the instructions in this post and got quite a good detailed response about the location and handling... Here's the most part of it. I'd suggest emailing them via the link if you have any more questions... Cheers

We're having entries sent directly to Burleigh Brewing warehouse. Please clearly label them for the storage if you want them to go in the fridges ASAP.

I'd like to know when you send them so I can let the warehouse know they are on their way. If you could try aim for them to arrive Monday 27th March - Friday 31st March then that would be awesome, don't leave it too late though.

Basically, I'd prefer if you line the dates up so they arrive before the Saturday April 1st as we are bottle sorting on that day. Any later than that will be a pain to deal with.

Address details are below.

Burleigh Brewing Warehouse
GCABC Competition
c/o Burleigh Brewing
14 Alex Fisher Drive,
Burleigh Heads,
Queensland, 4220

Please pay for shipping tracking and let me know the tracking number once the package is sent. I need to pass that along to the guys in the Burleigh Brewing warehouse.

Entries close in 10 days for registering and paying for beers on the website. Cheers!

Entry is very easy on the website and I really liked how it generated the entry forms and labels for you. I imagine its very helpful on the comp administration side of things too. I hope the state and national organisers have a look at this to see if it could be used by them.

Latest posts

Back