Going to give biab a try

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI Alistair..Don't waste that keg!!.
Cut off the top, weld a tap, and use it for a mash/boiler for your BIAB setup.
BIAB is easy and makes quality beer.
Cheers

Rocker1986 said:
I'm guessing he meant BIAB and 3V... obviously both methods are all grain.
3v - you remove the wort from the grain and get wort
BIAB - you remove the grain from the wort and get wort.

hdawson said:
HI Alistair..Don't waste that keg!!.
Cut off the top, weld a tap, and use it for a mash/boiler for your BIAB setup.
BIAB is easy and makes quality beer.
Cheers
That what's going to happen to the keg,need a tap and a thermomiter and I think I've got all I need. Just need to get through a pile of jobs before Christmas then I can going on it.

ChrisH said:
I went BIAB recently after a few years of doing extract and partial mashes. Should have done it sooner. I chose the 'cheapest' point of entry and went with a Crown urn, with the element protector - from Grain and Grape. I also use cubes (no chill). I also went to a couple of their Sat morning demos to gain confidence.

First three beers have been great -- actually I'm still surprised how they good they turned out. All from this book: Brew Your Own British Real Ale. It's been easier than I though and very enjoyable.

I did Timothy Taylor Landlord, Thwaites Mild and Fuller's London Pride.
How did the TT Landlord turn out? I love the commercial example, dear as poison here though. Can you share the recipe?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
TheWiggman said:
I'm more curious about why it took him 5 and a half years to make a post
The guy who won the Nationals year after year in the Pilsners and lagers sections only ever made about 2 posts to ABH. We were in the same club together and he taught me a lot, we had brewdays. He was, and is, a very modest and somewhat self effacing guy but very passionate about his various hobbies - I'm sure a few people if they read this post will know exactly whom I'm talking about.

However despite not posting he was a keen follower of the forum on the odd occasions he managed to rip himself away from his passions of growing roses, actually brewing, renovating Yank Tanks and rockabilly dancing competitions. Some guys are just like that.

ed: and he's well into his 70s to boot.

Hi Alistair,
I'm over in Leongatha and have been full mashing for around a year now. If you haven't sorted yourself out yet and don't want go through to the other side of Melbourne then Home Make It in Clayton is worth checking out. I'd also be happy to help out with any advice and ingredients.

Back