Gmk In Queensland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
GMK will be in Queensland in July , ring the police quick !!

Guys
I would like to put on a brew day for old Kenny , I know I am not there yet but hell getting close , I am sure I can have the brewery up and running by then.
Is anyone interested in attending a hinterland brewday?
Your welcome to sleep the night , drive or I will pick you up at the train station.

What do you think?

Batz

Batz,

I'd be up for it - but booked a flight to UK on the 18th July & won't be be back till end August.
So if before, count me in :beer: ...

I'll be up for it. What part of the coast you moving to again? I know a budding brewer or two on the sunshine coast.

OK Ross
Kenny is saying between 12-25 july , so I suppose a weekend would suit most people .

Batz

Well make me a maybe Batz - Wife might not appreciate me away on our last w/e together for a couple of months - & I will have just got back from a 2 to 3 week car trip round Vic/SA/NSW... Wouldn't be dead for quids ;) ...

Yeh well, Batz Im not far from where youre setting up the brewery and you can always count me in on a good piss up and if you want a hand organising it just yell. I know a few hotels locally with cheap accomodation if you want to make a weekend of it. :beer: :chug: :beer: :chug:

Tallgum said:
Yeh well, Batz Im not far from where youre setting up the brewery and you can always count me in on a good piss up and if you want a hand organising it just yell. I know a few hotels locally with cheap accomodation if you want to make a weekend of it. :beer: :chug: :beer: :chug:
[post="56512"][/post]​

Pomona is just up the road , cheap to stay in the pub there , good too.

Batz

Batz, as long as I'm not away with work count me in.

Hoops

I,ll be there to if I can Batz, it would be good to put some faces to names, lnice drive down from Bundy and few beers, sounds good.

Andrew

i am also happy to attend a Brisbane Gathering for/with those taht cant get upto The Batz Brewery...

Does any one want to arrange one.

Ken

Will have to see how organised my house/brewery is by then.
Should have the HERMS system up and running by then.
Will see how we're going a bit closer to the date.

Hoops

I'm keen for a Sunshine Coast or Brisbane get together, pending management approval :unsure:

Weekend of the 16th is good for me.

- Snow

Ok - here is an update on the times.

Leaving Adelaide on 6 Jul 2005 - hoping to arrive in Brisbane Fri 8 or sat 9th.
Have to take Mangement to the airport at 7.00 am Sunday morning 17 Jul and pick her up wed just after lunch.
Then we leave on 26Jul.

So - what do u guys want to organise - what day is good for the
"Batz Brewery Tour" and the other get togethers....

Have to add a night at the Bulimba micro-brewery in there somewhere :beer:

Hi is the Motel in Cooroy still open?Steve Rush Bundaberg

STEVENALI said:
Hi is the Motel in Cooroy still open?Steve Rush Bundaberg
[post="60785"][/post]​

That's all gone a bit up market , I think Pomona pub would be cheapest.
They have a room there with several single beds , sort of like back packers , I am sure that would be cheap shared between a few.
Otherwise I think it's $30.00 a single.

I still have to be ready for a visit by then , will let you all know in a week or two.

Batz

Hoops said:
Have to add a night at the Bulimba micro-brewery in there somewhere :beer:
[post="60717"][/post]​

How about an Oxford 152 get together on the Friday 15th July?

- Snow

EDIT:

DAMN DAMN DAMN

Busy on the night of the 15th

Kenny
I looks as if the 22nd-23rd July would be best for us , sorry I know your family will have set off back to Adelaide by then.

What about you other guys would that suit?
Perhaps the brew day 22nd and then you could head home Sunday morning , I will have a couple of beds spare , couple of swags on the floor , still more floor space for your swags.
Don't expect anything fancy as we will still be in the throws of setting up here , bar will not be a goer but keg fridge will.
Have a think and let me know if you can make it , Doc? Johnno? POL? train trip?

If you would rather stay at the Pomona pub I will check out prices.

Batz :party:

Back