Gmk Fathers Another Newborn!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baybrewer

Reaction score
Hi all

After the birth of our new sibling (the keg fridge) I would like to thank GMK and Hoops for their assistance in the nurturing and delivery of our wonderful new twins.(2 taps).
Photos will accompany this post soon of the development and final birth of the new member to this family.

Born healthily except for a few teething problems........
:unsure: :(
Ok quite a few, would like to say that she is walking by now but a slow crawl would be more like it.
Assembled,crimped and clamped;boy isn't boiling h2o your friend?
Then pressure tested for CO2 leaks a few found and hose cut and reclamped,no bubbling soapy h20(thanks whoever posted that jem of info).
Brew cold conditioned,siphoned to sanitised keg and carbonated for 2 days @ 38 psi after 5 mins of rocking my baby.

Tryed a test pour(expecting a bit of froth and crying)well Mr.Whippy would best describe the result.

Keg pouring pressure @ 12 psi and on further inspection there seems to be a steady stream of bubbles flowing up the 4mm hose from keg.-5m hose Brumby taps.

Also seems that I can not stop a steady drop of foam from my tap and when blocking the end of the tap a steady pressure of CO2 builds up behind my finger and eventually seeping out of snaplock join? What the?

Tried pouring off a few litres but the thick foam would not go away.....mmm no problems about head I suppose.

Do I have a leak on the liquid side of things letting air into the hose or is my hose too long or ?????

My wife and I would like to know as we want the best for our new baby and we want to be proud parents and show off our photos.

Midwives please help....
:beer:

With ricking for 5 mins, then 38 PSI for two days, i'd say your beer is well over-carbonated.
I do 40PSI for 24 hours, no rocking, as that puts a *lot* of gas in the beer.

Remove the gas line, open the relief valve, and leave it open overnight,

or (if you are game) shake it, wait 10 mins, and gently release the pressure. Then shake, wait 10 mins, release pressure etc etc.

Thanks Jgriffin

Have left the relief valve open for 24 hrs and it has improved the pouring,except I havefound since that the thermostat may be ******d.
I have trouble regulating the temp in the fridge(turn it down and it goes off, dial it up a "mm" and everything in the fridge freezes.
It's an old Malleys fridge and cost me nothing and as I bought a new seal for it, a call to a fridge mech might be in order.
A bit frustrating when you have 2 brews ready to keg,but I guess it is all part of the learning curve.
Cheers

Get yourself an external thermostat for it.
Do a search on here for a tobins or growarm thermostat.
Then you can install it yourself and select the temp you want and don't have to call a fridgey.

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back