Gls Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guest Lurker

Big Dog Brewing
Reaction score
Good to see a bunch of kegging setup photos being added to this site, so here is a link to a new page on my web site with photos of my bar. 2 years ago Mrs GL said a bar would be OK but it had to have a retro feel. Since I dont have any chippies in the family, it couldnt be something as flash as Kens, so I went more the Gilligans Island route. Even then it has taken me about 2 years to get to the point where it is nearly finished. And to rub salt in the wounds, Kenny does a ventmatic bulk buy a couple of monthss after I do my own personal tap bulk buy!

Hope it isnt too painful on dialup, theres a fair few photos.

Guest Lurkers Bar

maaaate - that is sensational! love the taps and drip tray! :super:

Great Set Up GL,
Hopefully in a couple of years I too can have similar.:wub:

Cheers
Brad T :beer:

Party central :party:

Do the masks represent beers?

What an oasis, fantastic. Love the bamboo look and islander theme :beer: top stuff.

Andrew

[Billy T James Accent]
Some great kiwi ing.. ingue.. ingenu...
Bloody awesome bro heheheheh
[/Billy T James Accent]

Awesome.

Doc

/applause

That is fantastic GL ! Top work mate.

Love the doc pic's too :)

I wonder if you could sheath the beer lines in pvc (insulated on the outside) and seal it all (like some of the home made CFC's) and just keep pumping water through the pvc, out an outlet near the tap end, and back through the fridge??

I'll be showing my wife those photos so I can allocate space when we buy a house :)

excellant work gl.brought back some great pre bar memories from the perth gathering.

cheers
big d

Very impressive work GL! I like it alot!

****Make mental note i must build tropical outdoor pergola style bar like GL's but with built in spa and bikini clad barmaids****

GL - Tell them about the goldfish.... :eek:

Nice work... Asher

Nice one GL - really nice...

Just putting a bar into my games room as we speak, it's been long over due...

Love your work there GL - The drip tray is inpsired !

We might have to change your (unofficial) name from being Capt Sensible to Skipper....

when do we get to test it? Its very important that the tap cooling system works before the 'cabana' season hits.

Awesome set-up GL.

I particularly like the orange vinyl cladded bar. :beerbang:

C&B
TDA

Very nice GL I do like the drip tray like everyone else. I just wonder what your neighbour thought you were doing standing out there with a hairdryer and a beer in your hand. I guess they probably don't ask questions with those small dogs of yours.

What time is happy hour?

GL , that is truly sensational....a "Gilligans 5 beer tasting tray" maybe 4 and a soda water :p

A thought to assist heat transfer fom the shank to copper coil, maybe some of that electrical heat transfer compound (places like altronics etc have it) white goey stuff that goes between transisters and heat sinks?

im still waiting for the goldfish story. ;)
could be an interesting read.

cheers
big d

Goat said:
We might have to change your (unofficial) name from being Capt Sensible to Skipper....
[post="80397"][/post]​

or the Professor :p

Top job GL

One question GL. You don't always have to go down the backyard for a beer do you? Or do you take down a jug to fill to save on trips ?

Doc

Wow, great setup!

Do you take your taps off overnight to stop the weather getting to them?

muga said:
Wow, great setup!

Do you take your taps off overnight to stop the weather getting to them?
[post="80458"][/post]​

didnt notice any sheep in your back yard on my last visit gl. ;)

Back