Glass Of Apera Anyone?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Well, the EU apellation controle has caught up with us, no more Champagne or Port, and now Sherry has been rebranded as "Apera" - sounds more like a cattle disease to me.

"Outbreak of Apera Virus halts shipments from Rockhampton"

I've got a bad really bad cold at the moment, can't stand cold beer so I'm sucking on a glass of Tawny.

Tawny I like, sounds more like

tawny.jpg

love my port. ggt some grant burge in my little keg

Apera will get confused with Aperol, a popular mixer in Italy. All the cafes in Italy serve aperol spritzer. Great drink to be seen drinking on a hot day in the piazza. (Bright pink).

true. i buy from here
Grant Burge Illaparra Fortified Wine Store
161 Murray Street
Tanunda, South Australia
ph: 61 (8) 8563 7575
they do bulk tawny by mail.

i also love their age unknown muscat. if only i could get it in a decent amount.

Yup don't mind the odd fine wine myself, that Golden Gate Spumante is a long time favourite B)

Yup don't mind the odd fine wine myself, that Golden Gate Spumante is a long time favourite B)

Good gracious ! That was the cheaper-than-chips 99 cent standard out the back of the community hall during school dances many years ago. Passion Pop variety was the classy choice for us young tyke rebels. Surprised they still make it

Good gracious ! That was the cheaper-than-chips 99 cent standard out the back of the community hall during school dances many years ago. Passion Pop variety was the classy choice for us young tyke rebels. Surprised they still make it

It's not actually that bad if you like a sweeter spew mantay - some of the "generic wines" are ok for a casual wine drinker. For example the Liquorland "Vino Gusto" $8 varieties were pretty ok - they seem to have sold out of that range now. I tried a couple on the Sydney Rellies who normally spend around $15 a bottle and they were really surprised when I told them - normally they'd just walk past that bin.

Back