Glass Drying Cloth/towel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
Allowing glasses to drip dry is not working for me - I find it leaves drip marks inside the glass.

Am trying to find a cloth or towel to dry these, but something that is lint free & leaves no particles behind.

I tried the local kitchen shop without success, and have thought about using a microfibre cloth, but am not sure if this will do the job.

Any help / recommendations invited. I have even seen towels on ebay with the word 'glass' printed on them, but am not sure if this has just been done for decoration.

Allowing glasses to drip dry is not working for me - I find it leaves drip marks inside the glass.
A bit of warning before such a statement may be advisable next time. My eyebrow shot up in horror and I nearly dropped my monocle right into my pt.

Tell Dyson. They love fixing problems like incessant buffeting of traditional fans.

Maybe some invention is required?

I just leave them out for the cat to lick clean.

I stick em in the dishwasher. Yes it probably affects head retention, but im lazy and I dont care :icon_cheers:

I use Sodium Percarbonate in the dishwasher, if you open the door at the end of the cycle you get few if any drip marks. For the show-off glasses a quick buff with a linen tea towel and they sparkle.
Mark

I use Sodium Percarbonate in the dishwasher, if you open the door at the end of the cycle you get few if any drip marks. For the show-off glasses a quick buff with a linen tea towel and they sparkle.
Mark

How much Sodium Perc do you throw in?

QldKev

I usually rinse them with really hot water after I clean them. I then stand the glasses upright and within a couple of minutes all of the water has evaporated and is nice and clean with no marks.

How much Sodium Perc do you throw in?

QldKev

About a level cap of the jar full, its in a jar with a lid a bit like a cube so thats probably a heaped tablespoon full.
Mark

Whenever I use my RO unit I run off an extra jerry and keep it for ironing water, the Expressi machine, to toss over the car after washing so it doesn't need chammying (like they do at the auto car washes) etc etc.

You could get some RO water and just reuse it for rinsing - would probably last ten or twenty times as it would pick up miniscule contaminants from already washed glasses.

Try Spotlight. Not sure exactly what fabric it is, but they sell great polishing cloths there that restaurants use for wine glasses.

Try Spotlight. Not sure exactly what fabric it is, but they sell great polishing cloths there that restaurants use for wine glasses.

Didn't think of Spotlight - that store may come in handy yet.

Am trying to find a cloth or towel to dry these, but something that is lint free & leaves no particles behind.

I tried the local kitchen shop without success, and have thought about using a microfibre cloth, but am not sure if this will do the job.

Any help / recommendations invited. I have even seen towels on ebay with the word 'glass' printed on them, but am not sure if this has just been done for decoration.

Go to a home-ware shop and pick up a micro-fibre glass cloth. They don't streak, or leave any lint. Had one for years. Wash glasses in hot water and dry immediately.

If you are getting drying marks, it means that they are not clean or rinsed properly

Try rising them in a warm water/vinegar solutution and them them dry

Dont use a towel. Just hit with another rinse before filling with beer (belgian style). Towels just transfer bacteria to the inside of the glass. Alternatively you need a better source of rinsing water that doesnt leave marks.

Back