Quantcast

Girly Drinks

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Jazzafish

Fermentation is my bitch
Joined
19/7/05
Messages
972
Reaction score
17
Well I've just dug myself into a hole... I made a girly drink for the ladies and soft mates who "don't like beer!" :eek:

Basically I got one of those soda stream flavours from K Mart; it is like cordial syrup that makes up to 12 Litres. Normally you add it to soda water to make your own soft drink.

Because I had a spare keg laying around (latest beer is still in primary and a few sessions has dried me out), I mixed the syrup with tap water straight into the keg. It made up to 12 litres. Then I added two 700ml bottles of vodka, shook it up, and force carbonated it!

The result, lolly water for the ladies... and me too I guess! Had a couple of schooners after mowing the lawn and I think it will do the trick! Maybe too well and I'll have to get another keg for the stuff!

Anyone else made something similar?
 

devo

Str8outtaCoburg
Joined
29/9/05
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
1
Location
Coburg, VIC
I kegged an alcoholic (4.4%) ginger beer for the ladies to have something other to drink than beer but they ended up drinking the beer and now I'm stuck with 18lts of ginger beer that really I only have a glass of every now and then :(

Worst part is that it's taking up valuble fridge space that should rightly go to my real beer. :angry:
 

timmy

Well-Known Member
Joined
9/6/03
Messages
384
Reaction score
0
Yep,

When I was living in Young last year, the local Dick smith/HBS sold all sorts of girly drinks.

I had a peach cooler on tap for the other half at one stage. :blink:
 

big d

Hopaholic
Joined
3/6/03
Messages
3,449
Reaction score
3
fortunately my wife doesnt realise this and doesnt look at ahb at all.if she did i would have to blame you jazzafish for her new found desire to confiscate my beer kegs for lolly water kegs.
this is why i dont want to go down this path unless of course my beloved wants to buy her own kegs and fridge and taps etc :rolleyes: :lol:
my stuff is sacred

cheers in sacred brewing stuff(blokes toys)
big d
 

nonicman

Slack Brewery
Joined
20/7/04
Messages
845
Reaction score
1
big d said:
fortunately my wife doesnt realise this and doesnt look at ahb at all.if she did i would have to blame you jazzafish for her new found desire to confiscate my beer kegs for lolly water kegs.
this is why i dont want to go down this path unless of course my beloved wants to buy her own kegs and fridge and taps etc :rolleyes: :lol:
my stuff is sacred

cheers in sacred brewing stuff(blokes toys)
big d
[post="82927"][/post]​
The pure luxury of a wife who can appreciate a flat warm ale in London and a cool lager in Prague, then enjoy the same (or attempts at) here at home. Pure luxury B)
 

tangent

Well-Known Member
Joined
28/1/04
Messages
3,826
Reaction score
1
I know what you mean fellas.
I brewed a cider for the missus, but she still seems to think it tastes too much like beer, even tho i used a champers yeast.
Had to drink it all myself.
Back to beer.
 

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Joined
8/9/05
Messages
7,523
Reaction score
264
Location
Gympie
My HB rum made from molasses wash was given to mother for a taste test after 8 months in oak. Fantastic! she replied. She enjoys a little one, bout half a nip (60% ABV) with ice each evening. Best thing I ever did, full approval to spend on HB gear and ingreients now so long as I do a little rum now and again to keep the barrel full. :D
 
B

bindi

Guest
I bottle heaps of ginger beer and wine for the wife so she does not freak when she sees the huge stack of beer maturing in the sheds and fridges.
And 'Screwtop' have you been able to stop that slight leak in your Oak rum barrel? :unsure: and that is an impressive rum set-up you have in the shed. :chug:
 

sosman

beerling
Joined
16/2/04
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
4
Partially inspired by this thread, my 4 yo's birthday next weekend, and the fact that my CO2 bottle was nearly all gone, I went to k-mart this morning and bought the "syrup". The kids love it, who knows, I might even have to buy a whole new fridge for some extra kegs.
 

Screwtop

Inspectors Pocket Brewery
Joined
8/9/05
Messages
7,523
Reaction score
264
Location
Gympie
bindi said:
I bottle heaps of ginger beer and wine for the wife so she does not freak when she sees the huge stack of beer maturing in the sheds and fridges.
And 'Screwtop' have you been able to stop that slight leak in your Oak rum barrel? :unsure: and that is an impressive rum set-up you have in the shed. :chug:
[post="82997"][/post]​

Hi Bob, Bottled the Classic English Draught yesterday and managed to come up with a name for the brewery as well. Had sanitised 30 PET bottles, and then needed just one more at bottling time, a quick thought - I'll use some boiling water and quickly sanitise the extra bottle required. Hence the name "Od Bottle Brewery". Would not recommend this method of sanitising for PET bottles.

Re the rum: No leaks at present, however the barrel weeps a little, always has. But Hey, so do the 70,000L ones at the Bundaberg Distilliary. There is always that little bit of shrinkage to allow for as in any warehousing situation. As a matter of fact the shrinkage this evening was about 3 nips. The latest has only been in the barrel for about 4 days so still tastes like molasses flavoured petrol, but one must maintain taste testing in the interest of quality control.
 
B

bindi

Guest
That rum is no girly drink, it would kill a brown dog and I like dogs.
And Screwtop I only use Pet bottles for samples [if I have nothing else].
And well done on your first partial.
 

Jazzafish

Fermentation is my bitch
Joined
19/7/05
Messages
972
Reaction score
17
Lucky... the girly drink was a hit with my mates, even if it was brewed for their girlfriends!

To be honest...the fockers cleaned me out! We managed to polish off 3 of my kegs and the odd bottle! So now the ony beer I have left is still in primary!

I guess that is what a bucks party is all about!

By the way, I'm still trashed!
 

PhilS

Well-Known Member
Joined
23/1/05
Messages
302
Reaction score
0
We used the "Koola" brand cordial, seemed to be a bit cheaper than Sodastream & more of it to mix up to 18 Litres
 
B

bindi

Guest
Jazzafish said:
Lucky... the girly drink was a hit with my mates, even if it was brewed for their girlfriends!

To be honest...the fockers cleaned me out! We managed to polish off 3 of my kegs and the odd bottle! So now the ony beer I have left is still in primary!

I guess that is what a bucks party is all about!

By the way, I'm still trashed!
[post="83086"][/post]​
I would be lost if the only beer was in the primary Jazzerfish, the thought is far to :unsure: scary to think about. :(
 

TidalPete

BREWING BY THE BEACH
Joined
2/8/04
Messages
5,182
Reaction score
480
Location
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
nonicman said:
big d said:
fortunately my wife doesnt realise this and doesnt look at ahb at all.if she did i would have to blame you jazzafish for her new found desire to confiscate my beer kegs for lolly water kegs.
this is why i dont want to go down this path unless of course my beloved wants to buy her own kegs and fridge and taps etc
my stuff is sacred

cheers in sacred brewing stuff(blokes toys)
big d
[post="82927"][/post]​
The pure luxury of a wife who can appreciate a flat warm ale in London and a cool lager in Prague, then enjoy the same (or attempts at) here at home. Pure luxury B)
[post="82940"][/post]​
Nonic,

You are an absolutely fortunate man alright. :D But anyone who has a missus that doesn't drink anything alcoholic (Like mine :) ) is a lucky man indeed with his own personal taxidriver.

:beer:
 

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Joined
7/12/02
Messages
7,713
Reaction score
38
Location
Sydney
Jazzafish said:
To be honest...the fockers cleaned me out! We managed to polish off 3 of my kegs and the odd bottle! So now the ony beer I have left is still in primary!
Looks like you'll be calling in sick this week for some extended brew sessions to get stocks back up :p

Doc
 

Jazzafish

Fermentation is my bitch
Joined
19/7/05
Messages
972
Reaction score
17
I wish Doc...

I guess the keg fridge needed to be defrosted sooner or later!
 

Latest posts

Top