Girls Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m3taL

Reaction score
So for my next brew im going to chuck somthing in for SWMBO..... Iv even got 3 boxes of carona stubbies there for her to bottle into (im not doing it)

Iv been looking into the coopers Cerveza but i'd like to know what others feed their missus's

She Likes Teddys (Touheys Extra Dry), Carona and can stomoch an Asahii or Stella but wont touch a carlton draught or coopers pale or anything that tastes like beer....

Been looking online for some other kit cans to get somthing similar.

Iv got a 17L jerry that i got the Fresh Wort Kit in that i could 2ndary it into and then cold condition it before i bottle...

Anyway if anyone has any ideas on what i could try that would be great!

So for my next brew im going to chuck somthing in for SWMBO..... Iv even got 3 boxes of carona stubbies there for her to bottle into (im not doing it)

Iv been looking into the coopers Cerveza but i'd like to know what others feed their missus's

She Likes Teddys (Touheys Extra Dry), Carona and can stomoch an Asahii or Stella but wont touch a carlton draught or coopers pale or anything that tastes like beer....

Iv got a 17L jerry that i got the Fresh Wort Kit in that i could 2ndary it into and then cold condition it before i bottle...

I did a golden lager(Oktoberfest) fresh wort kit by ND brewing/St peters brewery, very easy drinking and the missus had half the keg!

I wouldnt bottle into clear bottles mate, the beer will more than likely get light struck, the hops etc have to be treated or something.

Bottling in clear bottles is fine so long as you keep them out of the light. Keep em in the cupboard or in a box in the garage and you'll be fine.

I actually bottle a few of every batch in clear bottles to see how well the beer is clearing up.

Bottling in clear bottles is fine so long as you keep them out of the light. Keep em in the cupboard or in a box in the garage and you'll be fine.

I actually bottle a few of every batch in clear bottles to see how well the beer is clearing up.

i was thinking that but I was also planning on putting them back in their boxes and taping them up in the closet.....where it sits round 18c all year round usually grow my mushies in there :)

I use the styrofoam boxes that your local supermarket uses for broccoli to store my beer. Fit ~27 stubbies, (i use clear and green bottles) stackable, fully sealed, free. Winner!

I think some Galaxy hops would be good... Try a stone & wood pacific ale (iirc).

i was thinking that but I was also planning on putting them back in their boxes and taping them up in the closet.....where it sits round 18c all year round usually grow my mushies in there :)

if you throw those mushies in the beer it wont matter what it tastes like she will be too ripped to care :p

You're lucky. My wife likes one belgian raspberry beer that's not available in Australia. That's it.
Have you tried the Coopers Canadian Blonde kit? It's a great one for experimenting with, and it makes a nice easy euro lager/ale.

Head to the coopers site and see what recipes they have to offer.

I still don't mind a corona with a slice of lemon/lime. Summer is here and it makes sense.

Coopers cerveza
500gm LDM
500gm Dextrose
kit yeast at 15c...if possible.
34/70 at 12c would be better.

Easy drinking, great for summer.

:icon_offtopic:

Nice, what species? I'm about to get a shiitake culture going.

I've made this one for SWMBO and she likes it, it's straight from the Coopers website - How to Brew section, it is called Zephyr Light.

* 1.7kg can Coopers Draught

* 100g Dextrose/Sugar

Mind you when she has a beer it is normally Hahn Lite, so she doesn't particularly like big flavour in her beer :rolleyes: .

Go a Canadian Blonde kit with some Citra or Cascade Hops. Should get out of that for about 25 bucks. That'll smell pretty girly and be super easy to drink. I say girly but I love it too so perhaps I should say that it'll smell floral or fruity or fragranced or something....Bah whatever. She'll love it and so will your commercial beer drinking mates.

Back