Gippy Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. I'm also in Sth Gippsland - Wonthaggi/Leongatha area - and do a fair bit of AG, mainly UK ales but also Belgian farmhouse. Would be up for a case swap. How to organise? I gather it's been done before .
I don't believe anyone has done it before, at least not via this site and probably not on any great scale - only people who already new each other. I'm in Leongatha which seems to be fairly central for the people who do seem to be interested and I would be happy to organise things if enough people were keen. If there are enough of us in the area it might be worthwhile setting up a new club page in AHB.

For what it's worth, us Victorians have a case swap twice a year, June/July and November/December. We catch up, have a swap of 24 beers, and also brew 600-700 litres on a massive brew system we have cobbled together over the years.

This coming July it's being held down at Eagle Point, so closeish to you guys. I can find the link for the thread if anyone is interested?

Do you know what variety they have?

I took three photos of the available varieties but this forum will not let me upload them as the file size is too big .
Can someone tell me the process to make the file smaller then I shall be able to upload them

I took three photos of the available varieties but this forum will not let me upload them as the file size is too big .
Can someone tell me the process to make the file smaller then I shall be able to upload them
Doubt many would be able to tell the variety from a pic. Are they not labelled?

Makes sense, por and cascade appear to grow well in the area. i imagine thats the case with columbus as well.

Makes sense, por and cascade appear to grow well in the area. i imagine thats the case with columbus as well.

I’m sure you’re on to it. Myself on the other hand only just sighted my first hops plant in November at the nursery discussed. Despite 15 years part time horticultural career.
In fact seeing these plants was the inspiration behind having a go at brewing.

Unfortunately I think I have stuffed up my first go at it tho. I’m in need of some advice so I’ll try link the thread here and if anyone can help, as always I will appreciate it greatly.

Fermentation seems complete but a few things are not looking right.(imo couldn’t get worse) Alcohol percentage is 1% according to the hydrometer. !!!!!!!! .

Nullnvoid,

I would be very interested in the details for catch up at eagle point as i only live across the lake. Been kit and kilo for 2 years and have just begun on the biab jurney, and will no doubt upgrade from there. Is it ok to come along for a look and to meet and greet.
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back