Ginger Infused Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baulko Brewer

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Setting about making a ginger infused beer. I am at work so cant give exact specs, but am looking at trying the following steps/ingredients/formula:

20 litre batch
4.2 Kg Pale Malt Grain 60 mins @66 degrees
POR 15 gms @ 60 mins; 5 gms @ 10 mins (if I recall correctly it is 21.6 IBU)
500g Ginger root, 4 cinnamon sticks, 2 x lemon, 2x limes- (I will freeze overnight and blend together in 500 mls water to add half to the boil at 10 mins and rack the rest at secondary.

Will the POR offset the ginger and do I have enough/too much ginger?

Would you do it the same or differently?

Any thoughts or advice that would improve it are welcomed :icon_chickcheers:

I am thinking of just using 1272 yeast, but then thought the champagne style yeast may give a drier flavour.

sounds like an interesting concept and will follow with interest, is mad brewers ginger chops a beer with ginger or a ginger beer?

My wife is a ginger and she's told me many times she pissed in the fermentor, i guess I have made ginger beer.... :ph34r:

Hi Guys,

Setting about making a ginger infused beer. I am at work so cant give exact specs, but am looking at trying the following steps/ingredients/formula:

20 litre batch
4.2 Kg Pale Malt Grain 60 mins @66 degrees
POR 15 gms @ 60 mins; 5 gms @ 10 mins (if I recall correctly it is 21.6 IBU)
500g Ginger root, 4 cinnamon sticks, 2 x lemon, 2x limes- (I will freeze overnight and blend together in 500 mls water to add half to the boil at 10 mins and rack the rest at secondary.

Will the POR offset the ginger and do I have enough/too much ginger?

Would you do it the same or differently?

Any thoughts or advice that would improve it are welcomed :icon_chickcheers:

I am thinking of just using 1272 yeast, but then thought the champagne style yeast may give a drier flavour.

I have made a similar beer but without the hops and cinnamon. Its was awesome!

Back