Ginger Beer Sediment

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bottlerocket

Reaction score
hey guys

ive got a coopers ginger beer kit about ready to bottle but im unsure about the sediment
in the bottom of the fermenter.
being a ginger beer do i stir this sediment back into solution before i bottle or leave it as per a normal beer?
i plan to add a little fresh ginger to each bottle when filling.
whats everyones experiences with stiring/leaving well alone

cheers

Previous replies regarding leaving sedement alone are well advised if you intend to make a smooth, less bitter drink.

You wil note that Coopers use artificial sweetners - chemicals only - there are other Ozzie supplliers that use natural sweetners.

If you like a less tangy/bitter Ginger Beer, I have had good results with most standard kits, that use only natural sweetners, and adding- 1.5Kg liquid amber malt and using Champagne yeast. You must use Champagne yeast, as if ferments out sugars more fully than even lager yeasts. Ferment fully!. Very refreshing on a hot day.

Enjoy!

I always wondered what type of yeast they put in the kit. I am thinking of useing some coopers liquid yeast I recultured for some ginger beer to give it a nice sweet fruity appeal

vin said:
You wil note that Coopers use artificial sweetners - chemicals only - there are other Ozzie supplliers that use natural sweetners.

[post="75666"][/post]​

Grumpy's is the only supplier that I have found that makes a naturally sweetened Ginger Beer. Could you please enlighten me with some other suppliers please?

I have tried the Coopers as well, and although very tasty Ginger wise, that saccharin aftertaste is a killer!

Thanks,

M

Latest posts

Back