Ginger Beer On Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobrien

Stubborn Scientist Brewing
Reaction score
I have my kegging system ordered, and I'm starting to put the bits I have together.

A quick question though - I realise that things like gingerbeer can be kegged - but what does this do to the taps? i.e. do the sweet brews do bad things to tap o-rings etc; or are there any cleanliness issues that are caused by sweet brews?

M

I've never had a problem.

I remember someone posting here saying he pulled his taps apart after 6 months and they were full of crap. Personally, when each keg is finished, i clean it, fill it with boiling water and phos, and use the pressure tp pump it through the beer line and tap, and leave it overnight.

I recently pulled apart one of my taps as it started to leak, and apart from the dogy seal, it looked like new inside.

mobrien said:
A quick question though - I realise that things like gingerbeer can be kegged - but what does this do to the taps?
[post="56135"][/post]​

I would imagine continued use may taint the o-rings in the keg, and maybe the o-rings in your tap (dependant on tap type).
So if you were to re-use that keg and tap for beer in the future a seal kit change maybe required.

Beers,
Doc

Back