Gg's Geebung Brewday (brisbane)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lczaban

Reaction score
Hi all,

After promising this for a long time, I have finally decided on holding a brew day around at my place on Saturday, the 29th of August (ie in 2 weeks time). Mash-in will be at 11am, and we will be brewing a Kolsch for the occasion. The recipe is as follows...

Batch Size - 24L
Bitterness - 22 IBU's

Grainbill

4KG German Pilsner
0.25KG Light Munich
0.25KG Carapils
0.25KG Wheat

There are a couple of different infusion schedules for this beer (a simple single infusion @65degC or a more complicated multi-step infusion), and I think I will be leaving the decision on which I follow until the day.

Hopping schedule

30g Perle (6.3% AA) @ 60 mins
10g Hallertau (3.7% AA) @ 15 mins
5g Perle (6.3% AA) @ 0 mins

1/2 Whirfloc Tablet
1x WhiteLabs WLP011 European Ale Yeast

If someone is interested in spliting a double batch then let me know, bring a cube and some cash to split the costs and we can sort something out from there. First in, best dressed! This offer will end on Wednesday night as I need to order the grains for the brew at that time. I will also be putting a couple of kit brews together as there will be some non-brewers attending, and I would like to show them how simple brewing can be. A Powderkeg Ginger Beer and a Mexican Cerveza will be on the kit-brewing agenda. There will be a homemade pizza lunch provided, which should keep the troops fed during the thirsty and hunger-inducing brewing process. A selection of my bottled beers will also be available for consumption.

For those who want to come along, the following things would make for a good day...
- Sample brews (please note that if you intend bringing kegs you will need to supply CO2 and all the gear as I am not kegging yet... :rolleyes: )
- Nibbles (although this isn't essential...)
- Something to sit on (we do have a few chairs, but I am sure these will run out fairly quickly)

Please RSVP via reply PM by Thursday the 27th of August so the appropriate catering requirements can be made. I will let everyone know the details of where to come on Friday, but needless to say it is in a fairly accessible location and is stumbling distance to Sunshine station for those who want to imbibe.

Cheers and beers, Luke

PS - I know that this is short notice for a lot of people, especially those who don't work a "9-5, Mon-Fri" job or have other commitments for this date already locked in, so I understand if you are unable to make it. This day is just meant to be a casual get together to brew beer, drink beer and spin yarns. I hope to have another brew day at some stage before the end of the year, and hopefully give people a little more notice next time to give everyone the best chance of attending. Cheers!

Hi all,

After promising this for a long time, I have finally decided on holding a brew day around at my place on Saturday, the 29th of August (ie in 2 weeks time). Mash-in will be at 11am, and we will be brewing a Kolsch for the occasion. The recipe is as follows...

Batch Size - 24L
Bitterness - 22 IBU's

Grainbill

4KG German Pilsner
0.25KG Light Munich
0.25KG Carapils
0.25KG Wheat

There are a couple of different infusion schedules for this beer (a simple single infusion @65degC or a more complicated multi-step infusion), and I think I will be leaving the decision on which I follow until the day.

Hopping schedule

30g Perle (6.3% AA) @ 60 mins
10g Hallertau (3.7% AA) @ 15 mins
5g Perle (6.3% AA) @ 0 mins

1/2 Whirfloc Tablet
1x WhiteLabs WLP011 European Ale Yeast

If someone is interested in spliting a double batch then let me know, bring a cube and some cash to split the costs and we can sort something out from there. First in, best dressed! This offer will end on Wednesday night as I need to order the grains for the brew at that time. I will also be putting a couple of kit brews together as there will be some non-brewers attending, and I would like to show them how simple brewing can be. A Powderkeg Ginger Beer and a Mexican Cerveza will be on the kit-brewing agenda. There will be a homemade pizza lunch provided, which should keep the troops fed during the thirsty and hunger-inducing brewing process. A selection of my bottled beers will also be available for consumption.

For those who want to come along, the following things would make for a good day...
- Sample brews (please note that if you intend bringing kegs you will need to supply CO2 and all the gear as I am not kegging yet... :rolleyes: )
- Nibbles (although this isn't essential...)
- Something to sit on (we do have a few chairs, but I am sure these will run out fairly quickly)

Please RSVP via reply PM by Thursday the 27th of August so the appropriate catering requirements can be made. I will let everyone know the details of where to come on Friday, but needless to say it is in a fairly accessible location and is stumbling distance to Sunshine station for those who want to imbibe.

Cheers and beers, Luke

PS - I know that this is short notice for a lot of people, especially those who don't work a "9-5, Mon-Fri" job or have other commitments for this date already locked in, so I understand if you are unable to make it. This day is just meant to be a casual get together to brew beer, drink beer and spin yarns. I hope to have another brew day at some stage before the end of the year, and hopefully give people a little more notice next time to give everyone the best chance of attending. Cheers!

Hey Guru, i live at ascot i work as a chef, i have to start at 1pm so i might drop by at 11 just to see a bit more if that is ok, i am about to do my first ag this thursday, so more knowledge would be good!!!!
Thanks Jason

I'll be along but seeing as you are so close to the CBD I'll park at Sunshine about 8 AM, train it in and do some additional hours at work and finish about midday and get back to Sunshine Station in time for mashout B)
:icon_cheers:

Edit: mate, that's only one week away, not two. Time flies when you are getting old :p

I'll be there, dunno how or what time - probably sort something out on Thursday.
Tasting beers at the Grand Central on Friday?

WOOHOO about bloody time GG.

I will see where I'm at on the day though. As usual the boss will have something planned for me to do around the house - Happy Wife Happy Life or so they say.

Got your number so will keep you posted.

Cheers

Sully

:angry: Damn it I be away that weekend SWMBO has something planned!

You boys have fun and play nice like Cheers

Chappo

After a bit of begging it looks like I should be able to make it. Just need to clock up some Brownie Points this week. ;)

We will have a few drinks in honour of Chap Chaps Birthday since he can't make it.

Cheers

Really hope I have an hour or so that day! Can I provisionally book a small spot near the burner to stand - I'm very quiet, no pets, non smoker...

edited to add - the incontinence is getting better now thanks...

Really hope I have an hour or so that day! Can I provisionally book a small spot near the burner to stand - I'm very quiet, no pets, non smoker...

As long as you bring your 'Depends' I'm sure there shouldn't be a problem.

:angry: Damn it I be away that weekend SWMBO has something planned!

You boys have fun and play nice like Cheers

Chappo

I'm sure we'll play nicely. I would try to convince you harder to come through this way on Saturday, but I do know how well Mrs Chappo uses a carving knife... :ph34r:

As long as you bring your 'Depends' I'm sure there shouldn't be a problem.

If you can't remember the Depends, I'm sure the cat won't mind you using her litter tray. ;)

Back