Getting Started

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesB

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i have been brewing kit and kilo for couple of years now and been always wanting to make the leap to AG. i have read lots of stuff about AG in books and on the forum here but would really like to get more of a first hand experience.

i was hoping to see someone's set-up, maybe drop in on someone's brew day for minute. it doesn't have to be fancy, the simpler the better for a newbie like me. i guess i am trying to aviod some of the obvious stupid mistakes and don't want to rush out and buy a bunch of crap i dont really need.
if anyone can help, or direct me to some reliable threads/links/books i would really appreciate it.

Des

Best first post ever.

Welcome aboard, DesB. I'm sure someone in your area will offer you a peek at their kit on a brewday. Good luck with the big move to AG!

Welcome,

I'm sure someone will be able to help you, once you cross you'll never go back.
Good luck

Best first post ever.

+1 Great approach, you'll learn fast. I do believe we have an AHB member in Medowie, pretty sure he uses "Medowie, god's own swamp" in his sig but can't remember his AHB Nick

Welcome,

Screwy

Edit: It's Les the Weizguy, your home and hosed, look him up, a top guy.

Hi Guys,

i have been brewing kit and kilo for couple of years now and been always wanting to make the leap to AG. i have read lots of stuff about AG in books and on the forum here but would really like to get more of a first hand experience.

i was hoping to see someone's set-up, maybe drop in on someone's brew day for minute. it doesn't have to be fancy, the simpler the better for a newbie like me. i guess i am trying to aviod some of the obvious stupid mistakes and don't want to rush out and buy a bunch of crap i dont really need.
if anyone can help, or direct me to some reliable threads/links/books i would really appreciate it.

Des

Des,

First off welcome to AHB :party:

There is a new Hunter & Newcastle Brew/Beer Club that had its first meeting a month ago. Next meeting is 15 Jan IIRC @ The Germania Club (Warners Bay).

Why don't you come along & say hello, because I'm sure that you'll find more than a couple of AG brewers that will be happy assist you. Send a PM to Schooey (Tony) & give him your email address so you can get included on the mailing list.

More on the new club here - http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...showtopic=39540

Hope to see you at the next meeting.

Dave.

Hi guys, thanks for the encouragement. i will have to contact Les, i can remember seeing his tagline mentioning Medowie.

Dave, thanks for the invitation, you have got me very interested. i should be able to make the 15th. i will contact Schooey.

Thanks again,

Des

Back