Get Together/Case Swap 7th July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlm

Reaction score
After some boozey chat in the No Topic thread last night AHB member and ******* mainlander (I know, I'm never going to be allowed to use the term properly being one myself) Lecterfan put forward the idea an impromptu get together on the weekend of 7/7, coming over for the event (providing the cold harsh sober light of day retains the same commitment).

I'm willing to put my hand up to host the potential event. All I have in mind is a casual get together, bring a keg or whatever and while we're at it lets do a bit of a case swap, or half carton swap, or six pack swap depending on interest. As usual not the longest amount of prep time but 2 months should allow time to get a half decent ale in a bottle for others to sample......then harshly critique on these forums.

Won't go to the level of catering we did at Oktoberfest, probably just a bunch of sausages on a roll type thing to keep it nice and easy, but assuming I get the drunk and stoned gourmet Gordeaux (Those who attended oktoberfest will be able to vouch for his cuisine.....) involved, they'll probably be the best sausage on a roll you'll ever eat.

For those who want to attend from afar......we've got a bit of land and a fair bit of floorspace so there's room for many to plant a camper, tent, swag, sleeping bag or what have you.

So.....Any takers? I'll get things started on the swap list........

1:jlm-Rye Porter.

Sounds good.
I'll bring some something...

I am a probably maybe possibly kinda tentantive yes. Just got to sort out some shift work stuff first.
If I make it I will have a new style ale to premiere, although I will wait and see how the brew turns out first. Other wise it will be a English Brown ale.

1:jlm-Rye Porter.
2: spork - something
3: LagerBomb - New ale or English Brown

I'll talk to Taschris in the next few days, as long as I can spend some time catching up with him either side of this I will definitely come over...worst case scenario I could post JLM some beers, catch the plane to Lonnie and see if JLM will put me up...grindcore and adorably anti social canine talk should bring us together...

No idea what beer I'll bring...something Belgian or American probably...but then, could be anything!

Lecterfan said:
I'll talk to Taschris in the next few days, as long as I can spend some time catching up with him either side of this I will definitely come over...worst case scenario I could post JLM some beers, catch the plane to Lonnie and see if JLM will put me up...grindcore and adorably anti social canine talk should bring us together...

No idea what beer I'll bring...something Belgian or American probably...but then, could be anything!
No worries about putting you up......work will be quiet around that time so plan either side of that weekend.

Chuck me in for a tentative beer swap, but not sure about hanging around - looks like a busy few months coming up, but I should be able to swing a brew day or two plus the exercising of self control.

Might be a mixed case, quite likely an APA of sorts - depends on how I'm travelling with my haphazard brew days.

Quick question - 1/2 a carton as in 12 stubbies or tallies? With a smaller quantity of peeps, I'm not sure how these things work.

Sounds great. My exam will be done and dusted by then so I will have free time again.

Not sure what I will bring for the case swap. but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Chuck me in for a tentative beer swap, but not sure about hanging around - looks like a busy few months coming up, but I should be able to swing a brew day or two plus the exercising of self control.

Might be a mixed case, quite likely an APA of sorts - depends on how I'm travelling with my haphazard brew days.

Quick question - 1/2 a carton as in 12 stubbies or tallies? With a smaller quantity of peeps, I'm not sure how these things work.
Either or really. Its just a chance to taste other brewers beers. So if we get say 11 people swapping......Bring along 11 of your own beers and take home 10 mixed beers from other brewers, and one of your own.

Ill put something down next weekend, count me in. Worst case I can probably bring some 1/2 kegs from what is left over after my brother is down from Brisbane next month.

I'm keen. May have responded in the wrong section. I-phones. Anyone got a bottling jigger?

See what happens when someone sets a place and a time? It's a beautiful thing...I may or may not swap (assuming I make it there!), will depend a bit on what I'm allowed in hand luggage etc...

Assuming people cannot drive home, I live 5 min walk from Spuds place and there is plenty of room for people to sleep at mine. (double bed, double mattress on the floor and a large couch). Break out the fireworks and make a night of it.

I am keen, sounds like a fantastic idea.

Reckon I might have a Rye Saison to bring along

cheers
Chris

Getting paid Thursday and booking my plane tickets, looking forward to it.

Should be a good night. I'll hit up the crown cellars boys, we may have to tether Luke to keep him away from the fire though.
No pyrotechnics this time..... My hazy recollections of the end of Oktoberfest seem to indicate that what's left wound up in Gordeaux's hands which could mean bad news for everyone.

Yea I like it down there Yob, it's been too long since my last visit.

As far as friggin pyrotechnics and what not, I am just hoping we can taste some beers, talk about brewing processes, discuss ingredients and recipes and get quietly drunk...

That will be the idea. Merely reminiscing on a poorly timed (ie drunk) decision last time to get the firecrackers out that I inadvertently bought across on the spirit (oops).
Will be lighting the fire if the weather allows however. Winter and all that.

Latest posts

Back