Gerry hates Amazon, so how will it change Home Brew ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Na Bribie would have a pint in his hand or a yeast starter

Ducatiboy stu said:
I still have a Cathode Ray Tube TV ( dont panic, its a colour one )

Has one input so you cant **** it up by plugging into the wrong thing
I only got rid of the Sony I bought as a second year apprentice (wayyyyyyy back in the late 90's) 3 years ago when I figured out I could stream test cricket wherever we're playing onto my laptop. And output HDMI to a LCD screen. I have noticed a lot of hot Indian chicks in my neighbourhood (end of a dirt track) wanna meet up with me during this latest test series but I wish they'd **** off and let me watch the cricket.

Dave70 said:
Don't sit to close or you'll go blind, that was my mothers advice...or was that about the wanking?
Either way, I now wear glasses.
have't heard that in yonks, cracked me up and your prior post

Dave70 said:
Don't sit to close or you'll go blind, that was my mothers advice...or was that about the wanking?
Either way, I now wear glasses.
I so want to tell my kids that, in a Catholic priest kind of way

Ducatiboy stu said:
I still have a Cathode Ray Tube TV ( dont panic, its a colour one )

Has one input so you cant **** it up by plugging into the wrong thing
Using Cathode Ray Tube computer monitor with television card in computer was made for windows seven but using XP problem is software not updated and when they went digital and changed frequencies would not automatically scan channels so had to look up and do manually then they started using MPEG-4 and does not do MPEG-4 so lost a few channels may be time to make a purchase .

Jokes aside, I've warned a lot of people of the impact Amazon is going to have in Australia - goes straight over their heads, that's how thick people are. That's how insulated Australian citizens are to globalisation and it's frightening.

Local paper today (Adelaide newspaper, business section) stated that Costco were 25% cheaper than Woolworths and Coles - that is not a joking-around money saving. This article was probaly published in all the major newspapers I would guess. These sorts of things will radically change the way we live. It won't happen overnight but it will happen quickly. Time to wake up!

People are happy to save money by shopping off shore, this affects the wages and jobs of all retail staff. I'm guilty of this.

What happens when employers decide to save a few bucks with 457 visas?

Batz said:
What happens when employers decide to save a few bucks with 457 visas?
Or lobby and campaign over a few years to scrap penalty rates. Oh hang on that happened...

You're still missing the point.

They are here. It is going to happen. The government is not going to save you. You can't compalin because nobody is going to listen.

You have to re-think your own strategy - nobody is going to do it for you.

So Gerry complains he can't compete with overseas businesses that Aussie consumers don't pay tax on. Now he complains that he can't compete if those businesses set up in Oz and consumers have to pay tax. Maybe he should focus on the high pressure sales tactics in 'his' stores and consumers' reluctance to run the gauntlet. Or those businesses that couldn't compete with him.

Cerveja said:
So Gerry complains he can't compete with overseas businesses that Aussie consumers don't pay tax on. Now he complains that he can't compete if those businesses set up in Oz and consumers have to pay tax. Maybe he should focus on the high pressure sales tactics in 'his' stores and consumers' reluctance to run the gauntlet. Or those businesses that couldn't compete with him.

Or he can focus on the bullshit 'extended warranties' that appeared when JB & the Good Guys ate into his margins. Or the high interest credit cards he's lumbered folks with little understanding of. He's got more blood on his hands in the market than a new player. Betta, Retravision, Chandlers... I'm sure their shrinking market was nothing to do with Gerry.

Gerry's high pressured salesman flogged me an apple tv a few years back telling me how great it is and all the usual bullshit then **** me a week or so after I bought it the new model was released!

labels said:
You're still missing the point.

They are here. It is going to happen. The government is not going to save you. You can't compalin because nobody is going to listen.

You have to re-think your own strategy - nobody is going to do it for you.
Is this a message to Gerry Harvey?
There is nothing wrong with competition on a level playing field, and none of those competing are going to rule the world, as James Martin said, 'If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. :)

Mmmmm

Relationship with Flexirent[SIZE=small][edit][/SIZE]
Flexirent has had very close ties to Harvey Norman since 1995 and is heavily marketed in stores. Flexirent is alleged to have strong elements of predatory lending practices.[39][40]
In addition, Gerry Harvey has himself asserted on primetime Australian television in a January 2008 airing of Today Tonight that Flexirent should be turned down by the average family. This is why Harvey Norman promotes the product to its commercial customer base.[41]

Back