Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Germania Edel Pils

Discussion in 'General Recipe Discussion' started by manga, 31/1/07.

1. manga

Home Page:
    Posted 31/1/07
    In the late 70's/early 80's, in Muenster, Germany, there was a pilsner beer called:

Germania Edel Pils

This beer is no longer being made - don't know the full story, but I think the company went bust.

However, this beer was exceptional. I'd like to brew a close match (all grain) and have been looking for a recipe for it. I've googled it but can't really find anything.

This is a long shot, but if anybody knows *anything* about this beer, please write back.

Cheers,

Manga

2. Stuster

Big mash up

Home Page:
    Posted 31/1/07
    Manga, a quick google got this info. It seems the raters weren't too keen on this beer. There's heaps of info on making a German Pils. Here's a start. :D

3. sluggerdog

Beer In Here

Home Page:
    Posted 31/1/07
    Never heard of it myself however a quick google produced the following:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/germania-edel-pils/53805/3722/

from above mentioned the brewery was Brauerei Iserlohn GmbH and from this on rate beer they say the website is: http://www.iserlohner.de/

It is in German but once you enter they have a pilsner, maybe this brew took over from that one? Just a guess of course. The pils they have seems to be Iserlohner Pilsener, might be able to find some info on this one..

Hope this helps but it could be way off the mark...

EDIT: Stuster just beat me to it

4. manga

Home Page:
    Posted 31/1/07
    many thanks Guys