German Sausage Hut

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
It has taken forever, but this place is starting to take off.
Beer on tap people!
OK its not as good as the German clubs line up - Erdingers, a Pils and a German cider( :blink: ?) but there's bottled stock and the hours are gradually getting longer. Saturday afternoons got a mention yesterday as well. SWN is right next door as well. I was that inpressed that I went back after stouts & Obama, Ralph (a bit dark it were) for a pils or two.
Curry wurst is on the menu Florian :icon_cheers:
That dunkle is dangerously good.....

Have you got an address for that Winkle, I will be staying in the city next weekend with any luck and I'd like to have a sticky beak if I get the chance.

Cheers
Andrew

Have you got an address for that Winkle, I will be staying in the city next weekend with any luck and I'd like to have a sticky beak if I get the chance.

Cheers
Andrew
Burnett Lane, Brisbane CBD (where the arcade cuts through)

Cheers
Andrew
Let us know if you need a guide Andrew, these new places can be hard to find ;) :)

Let us know if you need a guide Andrew, these new places can be hard to find ;) :)

I'll let you know if the plans firm up and become definite, it would be good to catch up if anyone can spare the time.

Andrew

And if you walk a couple of steps further down the lane, you'll come to Superwhatnot, which has Bacchus' beers on tap.....

Cheers - Snow.

I'll let you know if the plans firm up and become definite, it would be good to catch up if anyone can spare the time.

Andrew
Well I'll have no kids that weekend and no commitments until the evening, apart from perhaps kegging a beer, so I could be easily persuaded into a catch up :)

The same goes for pretty much any other time over the school holidays :)

Sounds like I have to do the currywurst test then...

Almost ended up there on fathers day after we discovered that the German club closes at 5pm on a Sunday, but then went to that Bavarian beer thingy on Eagle Pier.

So is the sausage hut a real restaurant sort of thing with seats and stuff, or more a German style street vendor?

Well I'll have no kids that weekend and no commitments until the evening, apart from perhaps kegging a beer, so I could be easily persuaded into a catch up :)

The same goes for pretty much any other time over the school holidays :)

Lisa is keen as mustard so I say bring it on, looks like we will be down Friday and saturday night, either of those suite you Ben?

Sounds like I have to do the currywurst test then...

Almost ended up there on fathers day after we discovered that the German club closes at 5pm on a Sunday, but then went to that Bavarian beer thingy on Eagle Pier.

So is the sausage hut a real restaurant sort of thing with seats and stuff, or more a German style street vendor?
Its there all week until 4 pm later Thursdays and , 10 pm Friday & ??? weekends when they start it. Small shop ATM with bar tables but expandable, the owner is from Frankfurt, if that helps. No chips -just mash with the Currywurst <_< you need to talk to them about that.
Much as I luve the German Club, this is so easy to get too (also need to convince them to change to Schneider and get an alt on tap)

Ja, das Dunkel wunderbar! :icon_cheers:
On Fridays they do pork hocks, must be ordered beforehand though, so anyone else interested?
After that, nipping next door to SuperWhatnot is always an option, Brew is right at the northern end of Burnett Lane, plus round the corner on George St is The Villager- its a mini- pub crawl as all four are well within staggering distance and ber handy to the bus, ferry or train home! :beerbang:

Wifey and I would be keen for Pork hocks this coming Friday, if anyone else is available for a catch up I'll book a table.

Andrew

Sounds like a fine plan to me Andrew, however I may be heading back up to Toowoomba this coming Friday afternoon. Amongst other things there's a certain AHBer's winning Porter going on tap at The Spotted Cow for the Octoberfest next weekend. Will get the thinking cap on though, enter into negotiations with SWMBO and report back!

Lisa is keen as mustard so I say bring it on, looks like we will be down Friday and saturday night, either of those suite you Brad?

:lol: :lol:

(I really shouldn't laugh as I'm probably one of the worst offenders when it comes to remembering names)

:lol: :lol:

(I really shouldn't laugh as I'm probably one of the worst offenders when it comes to remembering names)

Ooops, did I say Brad, clearly I meant Ben, sorry Ben, that's what comes from posting at work half pissed. :party:

Wifey and I would be keen for Pork hocks this coming Friday, if anyone else is available for a catch up I'll book a table.

Andrew

I'll see if I am allowed out Andrew :unsure:

Back