Gelatine! Is It Too Late?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowy

Drinker of Kegs, Slayer of Fish & Ruiner of Good F
Reaction score
I have been using gelatine as a fining agent in my brews usually putting it in the night before I CC. I forgot on Tuesday night and went and put my fermenter in my cold fridge yesterday (Wed) arvo. It would be down to about 1 or 2 degrees by now asn its a cracker of a fridge. My question is this; Does temperature effect the way gelatine works and can I just put some in the fermenter now? I use brewbrite but am aware this does not effect yeast.

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom.

I have been using gelatine as a fining agent in my brews usually putting it in the night before I CC. I forgot on Tuesday night and went and put my fermenter in my cold fridge yesterday (Wed) arvo. It would be down to about 1 or 2 degrees by now asn its a cracker of a fridge. My question is this; Does temperature effect the way gelatine works and can I just put some in the fermenter now? I use brewbrite but am aware this does not effect yeast.

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom.

No its not too late

Gelatine does work better on yeast at ferment temps, but it will still work, help the yeast drop out quicker. Or you could just keep ccing and it will happen anyway.

No its not too late

Gelatine does work better on yeast at ferment temps, but it will still work, help the yeast drop out quicker. Or you could just keep ccing and it will happen anyway.

I thought it worked better cold? Could be wrong though...

Thanks for the replies gents. I'll add it tonight!

Back