Geelong Brewers With A Grain Mill?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1974Alby

Reaction score
Hi ,

I was wondering if there are any friendly brewers in the Geelong area who own a grain mill and would be willing to let me crush a couple of batches of pilsner malt??

I bought a big sack which I was going to put through my hopper-style coffee burr grinder..unfortunately it carked it after about 3.5kg! Cant be arsed grinding up 4kg at a time in my little blade style coffee grinder and now might need to bite the bullet and get a monster mill or similar. But I simply cant afford it at the moment and am hoping a generous soul can help me out of a jam.

Would also love the opportunity to meet other Geelong based brewers and pick their brains..Ive just started with stovetop biabs but looking at the next jump to a keggle and big burner and grinder and more grain and more hops and more yeasts and some kegs and a keg fridge and a brewing fridge and ....and...and...

Naturally Im happy to provide a few longnecks of the finished product in way of payment ,,,(another chance to glean some info and get feedback to improve my brewing)

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Al

Hey mate, come along to the Corio Bay Brewers monthly meet tonight in Belmont at my place, its a competition night, great to meet new brewers in a nd around the area. Call me on o4oo o77 26o and i will fill you in with the details.

Cheers

Ryan

Back