• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Gear for sale Sunshine Coast (Yandina)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

praxis178

Reaction score
[SIZE=10.5pt]Ok so my fire sale continues....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have the following items for sale, some can be posted others will need picking up. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2x high pressure filter housings (one with John Guest fittings) and one new filter cartridge: $100 (these can be posted)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]I can split this if you just want to get the one, pm me for price in that case.[/SIZE]

IMG_1451a.jpg
[SIZE=10.5pt]Counter pressure bottle filler (needs new John Guest fittings): $35 (can be posted)[/SIZE]

IMG_1446a.jpg
[SIZE=10.5pt]55L Willow esky mash tun with SS floor and ball valve (esky has insulated lid), but is getting very old: $50 (neg, too big to post)[/SIZE]
IMG_1452a.jpg
[SIZE=10.5pt]SS kettle 45L capacity, integrate gas burner (ring style) in own stand: $250 (pick up required)[/SIZE]
IMG_1447a.jpgIMG_1448a.jpg
[SIZE=10.5pt]SS conical bottom fermenter 47L capacity (home made all 316SS with SS take off valve and poly sediment drop valve), on own stand with glass lid: $150 (neg, pick up required)[/SIZE]
IMG_1352a.jpgIMG_1354a.jpg
[SIZE=10.5pt]Brew fridge (holds 2x 25L plastic fermenter or the SS conical pictured above), Kelvinator, very old but runs well and holds temp with ease from 4C to 21C, includes STC:1000 controller unit: $45 (pick up or claimed by [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Wednesday[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] of this coming week or it goes in the skip)[/SIZE]
IMG_1456a.jpg

I also have ~50kg of my own honey some in jars/small lots (400G-1.5kg) @$10/kg and some in bulk lots ~12.5kg at $7.50/kg, the bees are mine and I have also done all the extracting etc. myself. I practice treatment free beekeeping so this is about as organic as you can get for honey in a semi-rural setting.

Please pm me with any questions or if you want more photos or to arrange pick up etc. Just so you all know all proceeds go towards covering my medical school expenses.....

Cheers, Thomas (who really wishes he didn't have to give up brewing but has no time......)

I also have a non-functional chest freezer that I've been using for grain storage (lots in there still too, but old and gone/going slack by now) that free for the taking.

Long time no see Thomas. Hope you get some buyers quite a few newbs up this way.

What are you up to these days??

Cheers,

Screwy

Hey Screwy,

Yeah been way too long mate! Just finished my undergrad degree in bio-medical science, and well as luck would have it I got into medicine at UQ. So I've had to move down to do that (not liking the city though) and finding that if I thought I was busy doing the first degree I was sorely mistaking!

So how have you been?

On a more general note:

I'd like to see the kettle and mash tun go to a beginner they are what I started out with, and that kettle will boil a 30L batch in like 15-20 mins.... The esky old as it is still only loses ~10deg over a 90min mash, and I never had a stuck sparge in it either, whether doing a regular barley mash or something odd ball like rye and bunya nuts!.......

BTW I have a bunch of clean 20L cubes too that need to go, not sure on how many though as I haven't done a head count in ages......

Cheers, Thomas.

Sorry I can't help you out sale-wise Thomas but just slipping in :icon_offtopic: to say G'day to you too mate.
All the best in the future Thomas old son.

Need a beer? TidalPete's here. :lol:

Thomas J. said:
Hey Screwy,

Yeah been way too long mate! Just finished my undergrad degree in bio-medical science, and well as luck would have it I got into medicine at UQ. So I've had to move down to do that (not liking the city though) and finding that if I thought I was busy doing the first degree I was sorely mistaking!

So how have you been?

On a more general note:

I'd like to see the kettle and mash tun go to a beginner they are what I started out with, and that kettle will boil a 30L batch in like 15-20 mins.... The esky old as it is still only loses ~10deg over a 90min mash, and I never had a stuck sparge in it either, whether doing a regular barley mash or something odd ball like rye and bunya nuts!.......

BTW I have a bunch of clean 20L cubes too that need to go, not sure on how many though as I haven't done a head count in ages......

Cheers, Thomas.
Great Thomas, congrats on getting into Medicine, long hard road but rewarding, well done! Training Ambulance Driver these days and run into many who have done Bio-med prior to B.Paramedic

Will post a link on the Gympie Amateur Brewers FB page.

Screwy

Screwy, you probably know heaps of my mates from uni then! A bunch are now EMTs up in Gympie and surrounds now....

That's for sharing the details around, it'll help alot I hope :)

Thomas.

Dan Dan said:
Don't need a fridge, but do need a stc1000....
I could split it, the stc is in a Jaycar jiffy box etc so cost a bit to put together originally..... how does $35 sound?

Counter pressure bottle filler and bulk honey are spoken for......

As is the STC-1000 though fridge is still up for grabs (free).

Thomas J. said:
The esky old as it is still only loses ~10deg over a 90min mash, and I never had a stuck sparge in it either, whether doing a regular barley mash or something odd ball like rye and bunya nuts!.......
I agree. Rectangular esky - great for lack of stuck sparge. Many wheat beers brewed in mine. Great mainifold too. Would be great for a beginner and top value at that price.

Noobs - jump on this! DO IT now!

Hey Thomas, is that fridge still available,? I am down Caloundra way.....sick of using ice in an esky.....already have the STC...

Thomas J. said:
Just so you all know all proceeds go towards covering my medical school expenses.....

Cheers, Thomas (who really wishes he didn't have to give up brewing but has no time......)
As a fellow medical student I can sympathise with the not having a great deal of spare time for brewing. Hope you're not giving it up completely.

Good luck with the studies mate, its hard work, but very enjoyable (especially once you get out of uni and into clinical school).

JD

oakburner said:
Hey Thomas, is that fridge still available,? I am down Caloundra way.....sick of using ice in an esky.....already have the STC...
Yep still available, free to a good home as I think the stc has been sold seperately anyway. But you'll need to organise pick up with my old man (I'll pm you his mobile), as he's moving house and if it's not picked up by Wednesday it goes to the tip.

Cheers.

Back