G'day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMTmike

Reaction score
Hello to all new and old members of this fine information hub.
First off I'd like to thank all contributing members to this forum for dropping your wealth of knowledge upon us.Cheers!
I've joined this platform for the sole purpose of becoming a master ginger beer brewer (lol).So,if any of you GB heavy weights feel like pointing me in the direction of your much loved recipes (alcoholic variety) I'd be very grateful.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post :)

Mike

Cheers Bill.
I'm located on the Northside of Brisbane (Redcliffe).Where abouts on this fine land are you mate?.

I can share some maybe not so friendly simple recipe's. Anti Inflammatory I have called them.
Non alchoholic or the other..I've got one keg ferment carbonating atm around 4%ABV.
Ever tasted fresh ginger juice? its burning too.

I make a simple recipe with loads of real ginger root pulverised and pressure cooked, blended sparged.
A tad of a high end chilli. Not much else other than the sugars you use.

Ginger Warmer. 21lt (Its a work in progress)
1200g Ginger Root. (Smashed/pulverised with a meat tenderising Hammer in a plastic bag so it doesn't fly everywhere)
Then pressure cooked in 4 lt water with 1 tsp salt. Pureed. All added to the boil @ 5 min.

Grains:
2.5kg Marris Otter - 71.4%
0.75kg Crystal Malt - 21.4%
0.25kg Raw Sugar - 7.1%(boiled and added to cube)
Mashed high at~ 69c for residual sweetness
Boil: slowly for um something like 3 slow hours ( distractions)
Ginger pulp added @ 5min
5g Fresh cracked Coriander seed @ 5min (Optional)
2 lemons juice and rind @ 2min (Optional)
5 Orange Habanero chilli deseeded @ 2min (Chili options etc)

Double handful of Fresh picked basil @ flame out. (Very optional. report after months of mellowing etc)
The herbs can be powerful.

cubed above 90c.

US-05 yeast
OG = 1.040
FG = 1.014
ABV = ? ~ 3.9% (after keg ferment carbonation)
Color = 26.1 EBC

Edit: cut and pasted lines all over the place

Latest posts

Back