G'day!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squee

Reaction score
Hi all,
My name's Liam. I used to do a bit of home brewing with a mate years back (just tinned stuff, with a bit of experimentation) and have been meaning to get back into it for a while now. I'm keen to get into all grain brews and learn as much as I can about the entire process (I've been plugging away through John Palmer's online book and that's been a huge help). I probably won't be posting anything for a while as I'll be doing a lot of reading first (not a big fan of re-posts). A mate recommended this site to me and after going through some stuff already, I can tell it was a good call. You guys know your stuff. I've got a feeling this is going to be a really useful and enjoyable site to be involved in.
I'm based in Castlemaine in Central Victoria but I'm in Bendigo a few days a week and get to Melbourne fairly often to play shows and catch up with mates (I lived there for 10 years).
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and learning more about this fantastic craft.
Cheers!!

I have a similar brewing history/story to you. Love brewing! I'm on to BIAB all-grain now and love it.

"How to Brew" and "Yeast" we're my first books. I highly recommend "Yeast"! Gives a lot of info that's incredibly helpful. I've only read the first half as the parts on yeast propagation are a bit further than I can go in beer-geeking at the moment.

Also go to the Brewing Network website and download some of the "Brew Strong" podcasts. Between the generous folks on this forum, those two books and the podcasts I have had some incredible help getting my brewing feet back under me. Next is to join a club!

Thanks guys! Cheers for the extra resources Mardo!
I've been told BIAB is the way to go when starting out with all grain, so I think I'll be doing the same thing.

Latest posts

Back