G'day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hops For The Homies

Reaction score
Hay there!
New to brewing and keen to learn more. I was turned to the darkside by a Dr at work who has shown me the way! I just brewed my first amber ale with hops in it, and I am hope it turns out well!

G'day HFTH, welcome and enjoy the forum.
I've brewed quite a few amber ales, and they are one of my favourites. Hope yours turns out well. It's a pretty forgiving style.
Thanks man, apparently temperature control is the next big step for me to improve my beer.

Hi there, welcome to the forum. Enjoy! Will you let us know how it turns out?

Hey, any updates on your first amber ale?

Welcome mate, temp control seems to be the main thing after sanitation. Something I’m looking into next. 3 brews down, 1 thrown out after poor temp control. Enjoy the journey

Temp control is a big player to get the most out of certain strains of yeast.

Controlling temps can be simple, tray of water with a towel draped over or wrapped around and into the water to evaporate.

Glycol chilling.

I use a fridge with a temperature controller one uses an Inkbird and the second fridge the RAPt by Kegland.

If you cannot control temps try Kveik yeast strains, these strains can do their thing up to 35 degrees I believe.

Latest posts

Back