Gday Im Stu A New Member

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stu_454

Reaction score
Hi im Stu,

Im 28 and live near Midland in Western Australia. I have been brewing almost constantly for a 3-4 yrs now. Beginning in kit and kilo fashion, with brands like coopers, beermakers, malt shovel, in a range of styles. Also during this time I have tried many different commercial beer styles, some favourites being hoegaarden, and little creatures pale ale. All with the purpose of seeking a wonderful tasting brew(s). I have read thru a few books including Palmers "how to brew", which are very helpful. I mainly brew now with the brand esb , often being the bavarian wheat style, as its more similar to hoegaarden than any other beer i have brewed. I have not yet graduated from the kit or dry yeast sachets, however im interested in culturing yeast from a bottle, or trying a liquid yeast, and trying out some of the recipes and tips posted on this great forum. I am also collecting bottles from different beers around the world, though there are only around 15-20 or so at the moment

hope to be able to add something to this site in the future

cheers! :beerbang:

Welcome to the site, Stu. You might want to re-post your introduction in the "Introduce Yourself" Topic at the top of "the Pub" forum.

Cheers - Snow

Snow said:
Welcome to the site, Stu. You might want to re-post your introduction in the "Introduce Yourself" Topic at the top of "the Pub" forum.

Cheers - Snow
[post="54299"][/post]​

thanks for the advice snow.. im thought i had posted it in the right place, do i just click on an existing "introduce yourself " topic then start a new topic?

Stu, ya need to press add reply not new topic.

Welcome ANYWAY!

The WA Chapter grows..... Keep am eye out for the next WA Brew Day :beerbang: cough Goat....

Welcome aboard

Asher for now

It is a good idea to try culturing yeast from beer bottles, Hoegaarden, Coopers Pale and Sparkling Ales etc before buying a pricey liquid yeast.

Welcome aboard

Jovial Monk

Asher said:
The WA Chapter grows..... Keep am eye out for the next WA Brew Day :beerbang: cough Goat....

Welcome aboard

Asher for now
[post="54314"][/post]​

Asher a Wa brew day sounds like a great idea, will have to start planning a brew
in advance :beer:

Jovial_Monk said:
It is a good idea to try culturing yeast from beer bottles, Hoegaarden, Coopers Pale and Sparkling Ales etc before buying a pricey liquid yeast.

Welcome aboard

Jovial Monk
[post="54315"][/post]​

Jovial Monk I think you are wise to suggest that option, as a liquid yeast could be obtained quite cheap witha beer to drink as well. I like the hoegaarden option but
from what research I have done, I thought that a different yeast was substituted for bottle conditioning (in hoegrdn case).

welcome aboard stu.ya not related to wee stu are you.?
good to hear of another wa brewer.
more the merrier for when i get down that way.
july brew day any one? ;)

cheers
big d

hi stu, I'm stu too.

Between us, and disco stu and ducatiboy stu on other phorums, there is a quiet brew revolution under way. Just don't let anyone else hear about it :)

I was going to suggest you check out the active AHB based WA brew scene, but asher beat me to it. If you can get to a WA brew day soon, do so. There is nothing like seeing an all grain beer being made to make you realise how easy it is.

awrabest for now

stu (the original version :p )

wee stu said:
hi stu, I'm stu too.

Between us, and disco stu and ducatiboy stu on other phorums, there is a quiet brew revolution under way. Just don't let anyone else hear about it :)

I was going to suggest you check out the active AHB based WA brew scene, but asher beat me to it. If you can get to a WA brew day soon, do so. There is nothing like seeing an all grain beer being made to make you realise how easy it is.

awrabest for now

stu (the original version :p )
[post="54373"][/post]​

Might i suggest Original and Wee smallest version :super: :lol:

Asher said:

Welcome aboard

Asher for now
[post="54314"][/post]​
:beer:

wee stu said:
[post="54373"][/post]​
:beer:

I have already invited this stu to have a few beers with us on Friday night at Moon & Sixpence.

Any other Perth brewers feel like a couple of nice English pints (Speckled Hen et. al. on tap) join us from 5ish this Fri.

There will be some hops swapped but mainly an excuse to have a few.
:party:

Hi Stu-454

I see you are a fan of Little Creatures Pale Ale. Try to come along on Friday and I will bring you a bottle of my most recent incarnation of Jayses APA which is a close match to this beer.

deebee said:
There will be some hops swapped but mainly an excuse to have a few.
:party:
[post="54410"][/post]​

hehe... meeting in a pub and swapping hops...
Better make sure the cops don't see you or they may confiscate it and try and smoke it :)

Back